Why Did Israel Choose to Ignite the Flames Now?

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 7 Replies latest social current

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Israel has long been able to arrest or kill the leader of Hamas, why now? Especially with the U.S. being at this time more politically cripled and hated in the Middle East than ever?

The U.S. has little good will in the Middle East to help broker a peace or to politically come to the defense of Israel. Why did they choose to light the flames now? As I am learning with politicians, there is nothing they do without a political reason so what was the reason?

Sabrina

• Satanus
    Satanus

Israel has had a program of targeted killings/assassination for some time. This hamas guy is one of the bigger targets. Israel uses the us/iraq war as a distraction, a blind for it's own dirty work. Israel is mainly concerned w american public and political opinions, as the us is it's source of money, weapons, and protection in the un. If the us is at war, it can't tell israel not to war.

SS

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

SS,

If the us is at war, it can't tell israel not to war.

Sadly true.

Sabrina

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

And I think the Sheikh praised the work of the 2 young suicide bombers who killed 10 last week in a suicide bombing....

I got the impression while watching the news that this was the "excuse" they needed to take the Sheikh out....

Sad....its all so sad.....

Pope

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

Let's get this out of the way right up front, Sheik Ahmed Yassin was a piece of human vermin, a low-life, death dealing scum bag. I personally think he got exactly what he deserved.

As that guy Newton taught us, however, every action has a reaction. And the reaction to this is going to be horrific. I can't think of a better way to inflame hundreds of thousands of Palestinians and derail the peace process than to do what Israel has done in killing this man.

Hezbollah is already shelling the Israeli-Lebanese front and the Israelis are doing air raides. The killing of this Sheik is going to result in nothing but more deaths, more murders, more suicide bombers, more bombings, more shellings -- more death.

It's time for the Israeli's and Palestinians to figure out the killing each other is not the way to bring peace to the region! This makes me so angry.

• getting it
    getting it

Simple, the opportunity to eliminate the guy and the fact that the US is too weak right now to do much complaining as they need all the support from their allies they can get.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Could this eventually result in the sanctioning of the wall Israel is building?

Sabrina

• donkey
    donkey

The reason why is fairly simple if you think about it for a minute.

Israel has seen the reaction to Spain's withdrawal of support in Iraq and this comes right after the terrist bombings there and half the world (possibly even the terrorists) are claiming Spain withdrew because of terrorist pressure.

Now put yourself in Sharon's shoes. Israel is about to vacate the Gaza Strip. The message Israel wants to leave firmly in the mind of the PLO and others is that Israel is withdrawing on Israeli terms and no one else's pressures have anything to do with the decision. This way Hamas cannot claim a "victory" when Israel withdraws. Furthermore, killing Yassin is also a "freebie" now. Once Israel withdraws this will quickly be forgotten and they are up against one less capable motivator/planner in Hamas.

But then what does an Ass know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit