What happens to your publisher's cards when you become inactive?

by MicStroz 8 Replies latest jw friends

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

When I walked away from the Borg, I was under the impression that after six months of being inactive

that my publisher card was trashed. Actually, I was told this by an elder. Anyone know what the deal

is on how long they keep them? I wonder what the Borg policy is?

• blondie
    blondie

Officiially, they keep them in the publisher records box foreve at the KH (some disobedient elders keep them at home)r. Some elders take them out of the publisher card box but were reprimanded by the CO. Some congregations may send your cards to another congregation if they know you have moved into their territory and have attended a meeting there. Then once a year, the elder body are supposed to pull out the inactive cards and assign an elder(s) to try and call on you to "encourage" you. Most elders hate doing this and sometimes the BOE does not do this. The CO is supposed to check up on them to see if they have done it. I have know of BOE (bodies of elders) to lie to the CO. Some elders do drive by visits, as the drive by they ascertain if you are at home or not (of course they pick a time you are most likely to be gone). If it looks like no one is home they keep driving and say they tried to call on you.

Blondie

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

Thanks for the info Blondie. I was told by the elders when they refused to take

action on my abuser that his cards where no long on file. Funny, I was told

I couldn't take my spiritual brother into a court of law. They repeated that order

to me twice that night. Than before the night was over, told me because he was

inactive that they would do nothing. All of a sudden he was of no interest to them.

• shamus
    shamus

I always wondered where my card was kept...

Oh wait. Now I don't care anymore.

Keep on moving.

• aniron
    aniron

Inactive!!

We never had inactive ones in our congregation. Mainly because the Service Overseer always put down a couple of hours for those who had "forgotten" to report, except for those who were usually to infirm to have done anything. . Our CO's used to think how good we were having 99% active publishers.

• Mary
    Mary

I think mine either turned to salt, or it burned when an elder touched it.

• blondie
    blondie

BTW, they keep your cards even if you are DF'd or DA'd. You might come back you know and the BOE is "encouraged" to call on these people once a year. Some BOEs do it, others don't.. The only time I know they destroy the cards is if you are dead. Also, different rules apply in the UK due to the Data Protection Act limiting data that may be kept without your permission.

Do elders lie, do birds crap?

Blondie

• Xena
    Xena

Yea Mary...I was hoping mine made a flame & puff of smoke...

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    I was told

I couldn't take my spiritual brother into a court of law

That is one of the most stupiest rules they have!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit