Letter I plan to send to someone who's studying-comments please

by FreeFallin 5 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Hi all,

The following is a letter I want to send:

Dear

I understand that you are associating with Jehovah?s witnesses. They are very sincere people, and most lead an exemplary life. However, there are several things you may not

know about them--in fact many of the faithful are unaware of what their leaders are doing.

The child abuse scandal, in which allegations of child abuse are not always handled properly and very often not reported to the authorities. They may claim to take it seriously, but the main objective is to ?not bring reproach upon Jehovah.? Therefore, any hint of wrongdoing, especially when it involves this sort of activity, is often stifled. Log on to www.silentlambs.com for some truly heart-breaking accounts of child abuse.

The Watchtower?s ?partnering? with the UN. You probably know from your studies that the witnesses believe that the United Nations is the Scarlet colored ?Wild beast? pictured in Revelation. The harlot riding the Beast pictures all false religions. Naturally, the witnesses would be no part of this harlot riding the beast.

However, it was revealed that the Watchtower became an NGO (Non Governmental Organization) in the UN. They also signed up with DPI (Department of Public Information) in which they pledged to support the ideals of the UN in their publications. This occurred in 1992. In 2001 it was revealed that they were members of NGO and DPI, and they quickly withdrew their association. They have given various excuses for this period of association, to those who ask, otherwise they remain mute. The UN entered a document on their website, in which they expose the Watchtower for its duplicity. You may read about it at www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/watchtower .

These are only two examples of the Watchtower not being completely honest with their followers. There are many, many more, and these are available if you do some research. Another website to check is www.jehovahs-witness.com This is a discussion forum made up of witnesses, former witnesses and some who have never joined the organization.

Please take the time to investigate the Watchtower thoroughly, as they encourage you to do with whatever religious beliefs you had when first contacted by them. Remember, once you formalize your membership with them, you may not question the authority of the leaders of the organization. They may deny this, but believe me, it is the truth.

And always remember, the ?Truth? if it is true, will stand up to scrutiny.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Person

Any advice or stuff I missed? Thanks in advance.

FreeFallin

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

you could add a limk to Randy Watters site -- always objective and whilst I love this site , there is no fluff on Randys site www.freeminds.org -- though the Bethel Graffitti section is hilarious. I eprsonally would also add --- --- since the Witnesses make so much of Chronolgy as you will have noticed from your studies, it is obviously an area which needs thorough study. May I recommend to you borrowing or obtaining a copy of "The Gentile Times Reconsidered" ----- soemthing along those lines

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

FreeFallin It looks good to me. As stilla said, links are good, but references back to the WTBTS own literature is better.

btw who you trying to save?

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I agree with the others. It looks great. I hope it works.

Devon

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Thanks, guys!

I will add the link to freeminds. I don't want these people or the one who studies with them to know it's me. In fact, I wish i could make it sound as if it wasn't even coming from a witness, but still be credible.

Free

• flower
    flower

I would add information about disfellowshipping and shunning..the fact that the organization requires family members to cut off other family members for life if they disagree with a doctrine or decide to leave the religion. Thats not something they teach in their bible studies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit