JW Jam Session at my house!

by Sabine 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Sabine
    Sabine

A couple of weeks ago two JW teens came over to visit our son, they had all been good friends when we were in the cult. Anyway, since we have not attended since 2000, and the elders and local JWs seriously avoid us, I was quite surprized these two came over to say hi. A couple of nights later, they show up with electric guitars (our son plays drums) and they jam downstairs for a few hours. Even Makena (my husband) joined in when he heard them doing "foxy lady" by hendrix. Yesterday they called again and want to come over and jam again.

What's weird is that over Christmas I started seriously contemplating disassociating myself, feeling it would bring closure. A couple of months have gone by and I've been busy with other things, then these kids show up.

It's started me wondering if maybe it isn't a good idea for me to disassociate right now. My son says the kids don't mention the religion at all, and told him they are moving out as soon as they graduate. He is convinced their hearts aren't in the religion and are just waiting it out...maybe I can be more of a help to others if I'm not officially off limits....

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Be true to you.

If you're not sure which way to take, put yourself in a quite place away from distraction and ponder each of your choices. Pay less attention to the minds judgments, commentary and view-points and particularly close attention to the silent unspeakable feelings of ease or tension within your body. Follow the way that feels at ease (the inner wisdom) and you will likely never regret it.

You already have the answers dear, just bring attention into yourself. Plus the body loves this intimacy and thrives on it.

Be still, an know...

j

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Oh yeah, the JW jam sessions. My mother throws those, but they're not quite like the one that was at your house. At my mother's "music parties", they avoid songs like Bridge Over Troubled Water, The Twist, This Magic Moment, When You Wish Upon A Star, Go Tell It On The Mountain, etc, etc, etc etc etcetcetcetcetcetc.

• nilfun
    nilfun

A JW Jam Session at your house? Wow, Sabine + Makena = Very Cool Parents.

• Odrade
    Odrade

After knowing a little of your history, I'd think that maybe knowledge of that makes these kids realize they can come be in a safe place in your home--safe from the fanatacism at home and the kingdom hall. Maybe you would better help them if you hold off on your DA to provide a little refuge for these boys.

How did YOU feel knowing they wanted to be in your home, and would you be comfortable putting off your DA (maybe indefinitely) so you could give them that little haven?

O

• codeblue
    codeblue

I ditto Odrade's points!!!

Codeblue

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Even Makena (my husband) joined in when he heard them doing "foxy lady" by hendrix.

Get them to play The Star Spangled Banner and your work is done

Six ~ "spangled" always makes me laugh class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit