The Truth and a Hot Bath

by richard 8 Replies latest jw friends

• richard
    richard

"Coming into the organization is like getting into a hoth bath, one does it gradually". (W.C. Stevenson "Year of Doom, 1975", page 89). Would you agree on this observation?

• Xena
    Xena

lol yea actually I suppose it is like that.....they have to ease you in so that before you know it your entire life outside the dubs is dead to you....just like a lobster in a pot of water, you don't even see it coming!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Can you tell us a little more about this publication? It appears to be deeply out of print...

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Yeah, sorta like a lobster getting into cool water alive and then getting slowly cooked while the water gets warmer and he dont even realize it.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Homeforty, we are on the same page...........I was going to compare it to the frog........... A frog would jump right out of the hot water but if you put it in cool water, or lukewarm then gradually heat it up, well your frog is cooked and the water is boiling.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

As in getting burned? Yeah, I agree with that.

• franklin J
    franklin J

oh yeah.....and after a while; its not so hot.

• richard
    richard

Can you tell us a little more about this publication? It appears to be deeply out of print...

It is definitely out of print. The UK edition was published in 1967 by Hutchinson in London. The same book was published in the US but they changed the title: "The Inside Story of Jehovah?s Witnesses" by Hart Publishing, New York. You may have a chance in antique book stores or university libraries.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

More like the frog in the cooking pot on the stove.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit