Blood Transfusion Alternative Video Receives Award

by jschwehm 8 Replies latest jw friends

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

The JW media site just posted the following press release.

The video that the link talks about is it a video produced by the Society?

http://www.jw-media.org/releases/default.htm?content=010613.htm

• LDH
    LDH

Jeff,

What mostly pisses me off about the WBTS stand on blood is the two-facededness (in the words of a Ricki Lake guest)

Why do they care if 'the alternative is simple safe effective' if the command to abstain from blood is a SPIRITUAL ISSUE not a MEDICAL ONE?

The beginning of the end for me last year, I was on their official site, where they had broken blood down into eight components. And explained why each component was ok etc etc. Rather long article. I did NOT PRINT IT a decision I regret daily.

They better decide if this is worth losing over.

• AlanF
    AlanF

It's one thing to win an industry award based on quality of presentation. It's another thing altogether to make sure that the content of a video is truthful.

I've seen the video. It is as significant for what it leaves out as for what it puts in, with respect to the entire issue of blood transfusions.

For example, the video concentrates entirely on surgeries that require advance preparation such that a choice can be made in advance about the kind of blood-related treatments that might need to be used. Emergency medical problems such as injury leading to massive blood loss are not touched. The strong implication to viewers is that "alternative strategies" can be used in every situation. This is the same dishonest implication that the Society uses in its presentations of its blood policy to Jehovah's Witnesses and to others in print.

The video is actually insulting to medical professionals because it implies that any who do not go along with the Society's views are dinosaurs who are just too stupid or set in their ways to change. Many medical professionals will be irritated at such an implication, because they'll see the highly slanted nature of the presentation.

AlanF

• Enlighted UK
    Enlighted UK

The Society absolutely STINKS with its constant changing ABSOLUTE, NON-NEGOTIABLE rules on what is and what isn't accpetable regarding blood transfusions.

I have TWICE had to negotiate with medical staff surrounding blood transfusions and my daughter. One occasion was elective surgery, the other was an emergency that arose post cardiac catheter.

The paediatiatric cardiothoracic surgeon told me categorically that there are occasions when there is no other alternative to whole blood, and that whole blood HAS to be used or the patient dies.

Okay so the medical/surgical professions are constantly updating their methods, to improve technique (and lets admit it, reduce cost - blood is very expensive and resources are low). But the society would be wrong in thinking they are solely responsible for this change in thinking.

Years ago, everyone who suffered with severe depression would receive Electro Convulsive Therapy. Current practice shows that there is psychotropic medication available that can alleviate some of the symptoms, negating the great need for ECT. But in some situations, there is no other alternative, but to use ECT. And it works in some situations.

And the list could go on with all methods used in healthcare. Constant updating, improving etc.

Why can't the Society allow each individual to make their own mind up regarding all components of blood, instead of forcing their own opinions?? With, as we know, the dire consequences if you don't agree.

Just my thoughts

Enlighted UK

Enjoy your life, it is the only one you'll have

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Hi Alan,

I think it would be good to "wake up" to the medical community if the lies spewed in this documentary are advertized.

Then it would show they, the leaders, do not "honestly believe" in the doctrine they advance to kill someone. I still say the classic of classic lies is how they always say that the blood doctrine is "bible based" and has been a "consistent" doctrine. We all know that in order for their "tricycle" to go down the sidewalk, they need the medical and science back wheels to properly run with their bible front wheel. And of course anyone who takes even the smallest look at www.ajwrb.org realizes that all the wheels fell off long ago.

And if we figured it out you know they have. And that means only one thing. They know they are needlessly killing little kids.

I hope the French authorities get their little paws on this video and use it against them when the French WTS leaders get charged under the "anti cult" law.

hawk (who can't get over all the killing this group apparently "KNOWINGLY" does)

• Maximus
    Maximus

::We all know that in order for their "tricycle" to go down the sidewalk, they need the medical and science back wheels to properly run with their bible front wheel.

Years ago, I had opportunity to read the Society's internal documents reflecting what happened during their abrupt change on vaccination. In this situation too, they attempted to buttress their case against the evils of vaccination with so-called scientific evidence. The patterns are still there.

Since this is a "Bible-based" spiritual issue, I'll not post stuff on physiology today or the physical glaring errors in their presentation. Let me just ask this question,

HOW CAN YOU SYMBOLICALLY SHOW RESPECT FOR THE SANCTITY OF LIFE,
    BY LITERALLY LETTING A CHILD BLEED TO DEATH?

The tricycle is in the ditch.

Once more they trot out the old "us versus them" psychology. "True Christians" are faithful, while "ungodly scientists," substitute cardiovascular surgeons or the like, want to rob you of your faith. (Funny. I thought it was one word, UngodlyScience, growing up, much like children of the Deep South who thought it DamnYankee.)

Does it never cross the mind of any JW that not one religion, not one religious scholar, not one physiologist, agrees with their interpretation of "abstain ... from blood"? The weirdest of the weirdest fundamental group has not come to that conclusion, not even Branch Davidians.

Maximus

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

We're going to post a review of the video but need someone to write it.
    As one would expect, it is a very one sided presentation that fails to address
    any of the situations where the non blood alternative strategies don't work
    well or at all i.e. trauma, chronic conditions like anemia and other blood disorders,
    cancer, leukemia, multiple myeloma, etc.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    The tricycle is in the ditch.

and the 26 children proudly displayed on the 1994 Awake! magazine with the unknown hundreds or thousands of other little children are in the ground!!!

hawk

• Enlighted UK
    Enlighted UK

Further to my post above....

When talking to the same surgeon regarding use of blood in operations, he said he knew of instances when Witness parents had absolutely refused to allow blood to be given to the children, even in the direst circumstances. But when the surgical team were in the theatre faced with a dying child that only needed a blood transfusion, they as human beings could not allow that to happen, and HAD transfused blood, but when the child was wheeled out of theatre and into Intensive Care the blood drip had been replaced by an ordinary saline solution. WELL DONE SURGEONS!!

I am not mentioning names, I refuse to allow any surgeon or hospital to be drawn into legal battles.

Enlighted UK

Enjoy your life, it is the only one you'll have

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit