Org not singing Princes praises

by Wallflower 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

I found this quote from an article in the Awake 1992, entitled "The dangers of Entertainment"

But as the rapper Ice-T reportedly admitted, he puts shocking lyrics in his songs just to earn such a label; it guarantees luring the curious. The rock star Prince sang the praises of brother-sister incest. Often, music videos simply give such crass immorality an added visual dimension. Pop star Madonna?s video Justify My Love won notoriety for portraying sadomasochism and homosexual activity.

g92 11/8 page 5

A few questions spring to mind:

How can the Org condone the conversion of someone they have already condemned in their publications?

Do the Org have any rules about recruiting perverts? (It's in the Awake so it must be true )

If this is the trend, what congregations are Ice-T and Modonna currently attending?

Any comments?

• blondie
    blondie

Early Christians had bad backgrounds, scandalous even. Yet the Bible says:

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God?s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God?s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of YOU were . But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.So I would think that people of similar backgrounds, if they truly changed....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

So long as the person appears to be repentant they will allow anyone to enter the fold. Hell, in theory someone could even kill a member of the GB and then later convert to be a JW... and you KNOW that person would be paraded on stage at all of the conventions to show how a person can go from being with Satan to joining with Jehover.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I wonder if they realize that the Prince they speak of in their magazine is one of them now??

• detective
    detective

damn. I miss prince.

Please, please prince... don't let 'em kill your spirit!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

The real prince has been swallowed by the really big toadFrog (borg) Life will never be the same!! Crying Into Tissue

Leslie

• Panda
    Panda

Wasn't he the artist "formerly known as Prince"? So now is he one of the prince's?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Oh, maybe he was one of the princes intended to live at Beth Sarim. Ha.

• drnewson
    drnewson

I found this quote from 10+ year ago

Those are the first words of apostacy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit