ratio of hours to converts in preaching work

by og 8 Replies latest jw friends

• og
    og

Has anyone worked out recently how many hours of door-to-door work is being done in the U.S. per new convert? I've seen this figure before, and would like to use it in a little essay I'm writing.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

• badboy
    badboy

I believe some1 has,something like 1,000 of hours required.

• blondie
    blondie

www.jwic.com

The above is also an interesting ste re JW stats.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Well, if you factor in the 9 months of pregnancy, then the 12 or 13 years of raising the child, this has to really shew the numbers (between 113,000 and 114,000 hours). Plus if you factor in the ones that leave,(-113,000 or 114,000 hours) for every one raised a dud. So you need to find the ratio of "truth babies" to worldy converts, factor in the ones that leave, account for the phantom hours and the coffee breaks....er....how many giga-bites do you have on your hard drive?

What I want to know is, How many coffee beans does it take to keep the JW's in service each day? Maverick

• Aaac
    Aaac

The Ratio of Hours to Baptized in US: 6079

Canada: 8309

UK: 7070

Australia: 6385

Germany: 6985

France: 7644

Italy: 9367

Spain: 8908

Japan 27286

Korea: 14254.

Source: http://www.freakypixel.com/service_year/newMap.asp

• Maverick
    Maverick

Am I the only person who gave a serious answer to this question? Maverick

• og
    og

No, Maverick, you weren't. That honor belongs to Aaac.

Thanks Aaac!

• Maverick
    Maverick

og you need to see my other tread! Maverick

• Room 215
    Room 215

AS we see, determination of JW productivity is a simple matter of dividing the number of hours by the baptism figures for the period in question; asa matter of historical persepctive, it's interesting to track this back one or two decades, and it will be seen that the number continues to grow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit