Sacred Site...

by one_ugly_time 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• one_ugly_time
    one_ugly_time

The Internet Sacred Text Archive - http://www.sacred-texts.com has tons of interesting texts on-line, covering many eras, religions, and other historical readings...

I had never heard of some of these texts, so I started clicking away to find out what all these where about...

One that intrigued me, with possible relevancy to the times at the start of Russelism, is the works of Thelema..

Here is what the intro says -- (note the dates)

These are texts relating to the philosophy of Thelema, many of them written by the occultist Aleister Crowley who founded the organization A.'. A.'. (Argentium Astrum -- the Silver Star) as well as others by members of the OTO (Ordo Templi Orientis -- Order of the Eastern Temple) (founded by Theodor Reuss and Karl Kellner in 1895). These two organizations work together to promote Thelema.

--

After reading some of this, it is definitely cultish... but I mention this cause one of the books written, which is called "The Temple of Solomon The King" -- has a chapter called "The White Watch-tower, or the Awakened One"... OK, I thought it was interesting... probably a coincidence, but really peculiar....

--

Besides all that, this site is a HUGE resource for ancient religions and philosphosies... including...

• nilfun
    nilfun

Wow, one could get lost for days on that site

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit