Scriptures that may change my life

by lookingnow22 6 Replies latest jw friends

• lookingnow22
    lookingnow22

I feel the need to ramble.

As some of you may have detected, I at times have doubts and questions about the personality and qualities of God and the bible. However I am still clinging to a good amount of my faith in their goodness. This is why I am now, as some of you have in the past, studying deeply and looking for myself into what the bible says. In this week's study from the "creator" book, it was talking about the personality of Christ and I began to read all of Matthew 24 again. I read these interesting verses with a perspective that I have never been allowed to have before.

Matthew 24:23-25
    23 At that time if anyone says to you, `Look, here is the Christ!' or, `There he is!' do not believe it.
    24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.
    25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

Mark 13:21-23
    21 At that time if anyone says to you, `Look, here is the Christ[3] !' or, `Look, there he is!' do not believe it.
    22 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect--if that were possible.
    23 So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.

Luke 21:8
    8 He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, `I am he,' and, `The time is near.' Do not follow them.

Matthew 24:27
    27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

I have grown tired of placing the blame for what I have believed on other people, but these words of Jesus' struck a chord with me. Mt 24:23, and Mk 13:21 clearly say that if "ANYONE" claims to be able to tell you when and where the Christ is, not to listen to or follow them. Luke says that many will claim Jesus' ispiration in saying "the time is near". And finally Mt 24:27 says that Jesus' coming will be as lightning, something that all will see (or understand), and that in my opinion will be unmistakable.

I see now that despite what I have always told myself, I've been serving God with a time in mind. Something that is never good for anyones health, or relationship with God because you are just setting yourself up for disappointment and despair.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be preachy, sorry if it came across the way. Thanks for the outlet.

Looking

• Jang
    Jang

You have discovered one of those precious gems that was there at the surface but you just couldn't see it for the rubble.

Ephesians 2:8,9,10 is so clear that we are redeemed by our faith and that the gift of redemption and the faith are both Gifts from God, and not as the result of anything we do. When we grasp the enormity of this we just want to say 'Thankyou"' any wya we can ..... and that is what results in the outward demonstration of our faith - the works that He has for ordained that we should do .... (Titus 3:4-7 also)

This takes our minds of serving because we might get rewarded to serving because we already have that reward.

You might find this site as helpful as I did in my research

http://www.hivolda.no/asf/kkf/rel-stud.html

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• beroea
    beroea

Yes those scriptures tell a story but sometimes and for most nearly impossible to see. There’s a deep conflict in discovering those statements and see them for what the really are.

We must all try to be open minded to facts and let the Bible tells its own story.

beroea

• God_knows
    God_knows

You got it, LOOKING.

Let God guide you in your bible study, and serve Him and love him knowing that the time is near. But do not worry about WHEN. Forget timelines because it is not for us to know the exact times and dates as set by the Father. ONLY the Father knows.
    It is enough for us to know that HE IS coming, and very soon, and we must always live our lives as though it could be tomorrow, for all we know. But do not worry about WHEN exactly, He is coming back, because we do not want to rush the damnation of others who do not beleive now, but just might turn tomorrow.

I love you all! Hugs and a BIIIIIIIIIIIG Kiss

• randawg
    randawg

First you must put down dont use any of the Jw books they are from a org that does NOT recongnize JesusChrist for what he is. Its amazing once you start your seach in full earnest ie. heart mind soul You WILL find God the bible says so it is a personal relationship,dont be afraid to pray to find him you will.The Jws doctrine is tightly wound around the word of God. A half truth is still a LIE. Remember the devil represents a angel of light(false hope) he is the great deceiver he wants his followers as well and he does have them in many forms. Alot of Jws mean well they just dont realize they have been mislead from the begining. Just look at there bible phrases changed ever so slightly insert a word here and there capitalize this and not that how can you trust a org that cant even tell you the names of there bible translators they have there own bible you cant argue there scriptures a few mistakes and contradictions yes but they will just explain them away.Just remember Jesus said " my kingdom is not of this earth". Also what can the hands of men do for me". Keep looking and praying

• Francois
    Francois

Perhaps you'll remember in connection with these verses that the JWs said that "this is no time to quibble withe the words of Jesus." Quibble? Well. They also said, "The evidence is in. ALL of it." And of course from there they wove another of their well-known prophecies; you know, the ones that are 100% - 100% failures.

But you hit the nail on the head with your statement that you were never "allowed" to see what is now so clear to you. More importantly in my view you've realized as so many of us have, that you cannot be walked on unless you lie down first.

Congratulations! You're getting up off your back and standing erect as is the right of each and every child of God. Keep it up, you're heading in the right direction.

Franc

My $0.02

• kes152
    kes152

lookingnow22,

You are 100% correct. Christ warned us that people would say "the time is near" or have times/locations of when/where the Christ will appear.

You are correct that he said "Do not go after them." JWs come to your door saying "The time is near" and Christ warned Do NOT go after them.

Just as the lightning strikes in the east and SHINES in the west, so will the Son of Man "appear in the east" and SHINE in the west.

In other words "wherever" he appears it will be CLEARLY visible to all, and clearly understood BY ALL.

You are indeed correct, and now you KNOW who those "people" are. Do NOT be misled, there are SEVERAL ummm... 'anointed' here who are doing this VERY thing on this board (take a look at Bible Research). Don't escape one form of slavery for another.

For "many will come on the basis of my name saying 'I am anointed' and will MISLEAD MANY."

May you have peace and be guided to "fountains of water of life,"
    Aaron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit