X-JW ESP

by Hunyadi 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

It is sort of funny. It is intriguing and a bit scarey.

I have had at least four striking experiences in which I was out and about doing stuff in settings no theocratic JW would ever be caught in. In the course of conversation with these four different peoples, in different places and different times, it would suddenly occur to me to ask the question . . . I mean, they were out partying and heathenizing just like me, right? There was no real outward indication of their former past life as a JW, no discussion of religeon, but WHAM! "Let me ask you something. Did you use to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses . . . ?", would suddenly come out of my mouth.

Their look of shock and aw is priceless. "How the hell did you know that?" Their eyes would dart back and forth, scanning the room for WT spies, their still-JW parents lurking, or something. But yeah, for me, it seems pretty easy to spot an XJW after talking to them for only a few minutes. Once the 400 lb gorilla in the room was acknowledged, we had some pretty lively and open conversations.

Hunyadi

• gespro
    gespro

I hear ya...

One of my best buds used to come by the house to talk business and we started talking about religion. When I told him I was a bible student he said 'Wait a minute...Are you one of them Jehovah's?' I went to explain and he burst out laughing. He was about to become an elder when he left! (He found an elder in bed with his wife. The other elders defended this man and tried to turn it around on my friend). Needless to say, he left.

I was floored to find out that my friend went through this nonesense/turmoil with the borg.

g

• Larry
    Larry

Yes, it happened to me as well. A co worker of mine was telling me about a child molestation incident involving her son and how it was covered up. The I said "Were you a J Dub?" After a brief span of silence (it seemed like an eternality) we were both stun when she said "Yes, what congregation did you go to?"

Larry :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit