First Anniversary plans

by Satans little helper 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I've just been playing with a perl script which gives you a countdown to any date you input and put in the date of my first wedding anniversary. Scarily it's only 6 months away so I need to start planning where to go and what to do. Any suggestions?

We've recently been to Paris and I am about to spend a couple of months working there so that's out, we both hate touristy stuff and love independant travelling and exploring places so I'm looking for somewhere reasonably priced that I can take the better half for a week which will keep us busy without leaving us feeling like we should have stayed longer.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Personally, I highly recommend Nova Scotia, on the other side, away from the big cities. We stayed at a quaint and romantic old house that had been converted to an Inn, down the road from Bear River. Very laid back, quiet if you liked, or drive to more active areas. The scenery took my breathe away. The people were awesome.

/<

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

sounds cool, when I flew to Montreal we stopped there to refuel and the scenery was awesome flying over it. IIRC the flight would only be about 5 or 6 hours from London, not too bad.

Interestingly the NS government website has a search engine titled 'ask Joe Howe' I wonder if one of my forebears emigrated a while ago?

• desib77
    desib77

My husband and I got married and spent our honeymoon at the Sandals resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica last March...........It was the best place either of us have ever been...We absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back.

I know you said you hate touristy stuff but there are plenty of things to do on your own in Jamaica like climb the Dunns River Falls.

Good Luck with your search!

Desi

• Jade
    Jade

Slh,

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Whistler B.C. I have to say, other than scuba diving, it was the prettiest place I've ever been. We went in the month of May and were still able to ski at the top of the mountains and hiked at the bottom. Here is a link if you are interested: http://mywhistler.com/

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

we spent our honeymoon in Cancun at an all inclusive 5* hotel. It was the biggest waste of 3 grand I have ever had. The best I can say about it was that the diving was good and I got my PADI advanced qualification. Way too touristy and Americanised (not that I have anything against Americans) and not the real Mexico at all.

I'd consider New York, or maybe Boston but I really want to go to Thailand except that needs more than a week.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Jade that looks fantastic, the only problem is that I'd want to spend much more than a week there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit