Zeus?

by Nickey 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nickey
    Nickey

I haven't been posting in a long time. But I still read from time to time. But, I have a question.

I went to the Assembly for the weekend. Tried to pay attention and follow along in the bible. But as we were reading a scripture, the brother said "That's a wonderful thing that Zeus says there..." It threw me off a bit and I thought I misheard him until I believe he said it again. I thought he said Jesus really fast. But 2nd mention and I knew it was Zeus he was saying.

Can someone educate me on this and how and why this relates to the bible? Or why this brother might've said that?

Am I missing something or do I need a hearing aid? lol

• Sirona
    Sirona

LOL Nicky

I hope he said "Zeus". Honestly, I think you may have misheard him....

Sirona

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

Zeus gets so little attention these days. He must be all lonely up there on Mt. Olympus, guess he's not transforming himself into wild animals and seducing/ravaging young maidens anymore either. These must be sad, sad days for old Zeus. I bet he's all

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yep, time for a new hearing aid.

Zeus does actually appear in the Bible, cf. Acts 14:12-13, but as a nickname for Barnabas and I don't think the speaker was quoting anything written by Barnabas. ;)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It could be that he's a secret apostate and having some fun.
    That would be delicious, if he was

I know that there is some speculation about whether or not the name Jesus came from a Jah-Zeus synthesis.
    However I'm informed that that is erroneous.

• Nickey
    Nickey

Yeah yeah, so I woke up with a stuffy head and dozed off during the talks. But I really did try to follow along. And my family was real happy about me being there. They're working on getting me back in the truth. Whatever that truth may be.

I could see it sparked curiousity of what he said in other people too. But I would be crazy to lean over and ask my sister if he said what I thought he said. She just looked confused and shook it off. And I just wondered if this man was speaking something that was on his brain unknowingly, or pulling people's legs. He's one of those brother's that always has to do a comedy skit. Which I'll admit was kinda funny.

Either way, I couldn't believe that I was starting to get pulled in again. The talks really did sound sweet and encouraging. Reading from the bible and all. And I started to feel guilty thinking about what if I'm wrong.

Then 1975 was mentioned. Along with announcements for contributions and a $2,000 deficit, and I snapped back. Back and forth like an overstretched rubberband. *sighs*

This is an emotional mental battle with me right now.

*put's in hearing aid*

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Nickey if you are having doubts then I am afraid you are going to have to sit down in front of the judicial comittee. We cannot have you infecting the masses of exJWs on this board with your backsliding attitude.

If you are disfellowshipped dont be too downhearted. We always allow people back into the fold when they demonstrate their repentance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit