Who's soliciting who?

by orbison 2 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison
    orbison

Yet another letter to the editor in our local paper in a town with pop of 100,000 just outside of Vancouver BC

I would like to point out something that really is not pleasant about our town.
    Why is it that we spend time chasing pawn shops and hookers out of the downtown area, yet we let the Jehova Wittnesses harrass us every time we walk down the street?
    I have been in this townh for eight years now and never had a pawn shop worker or a hooker approach me when i walk downtown in the morning. I have these people telling me I'm living my life wrong and I'm going to hell if I don't see the light.
    If they want to solicit their beliefs, they should do it in their church, not on our streets, as I'm not really interested. I have my own religion and I dont push it on them.
    -XX X XXXXX

• I_am_an_idiot
    I_am_an_idiot

I thought I was an idiot. The person that prefers hookers to Jehovah's witnesses must be the biggest idiot in the world.

I understand many of you have complaints again Jehovah's Witnesses, but I would prefer that my children look at a well-dressed minister rather than a sleazy prostitute.

That's my thought.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi idiot, I don't think you're an idiot BTW

I think the letter-writer was saying that he/she doesn't want to be bothered by ANYBODY, be it a hooker, a pawn shop worker or a J-dub.

I don't think the letter-writer meant to say they preferred hookers to J-dubs.

I agree that encountering a JW walking the street is more family-friendly than encountering a hooker. Could it be though, that the letter-writer encountered some persistent Witnesses who wouldn't leave them alone??? Usually all you have to say is "I'm really not interested" and the Witness will go away.

GopherIt is not best that we all should think alike, it is differences of opinion that make horse races.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit