New Quotes for Quotes

by Poztate 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hi To Everyone,

I noticed that Quotes has moved to a new web site.I think it would be nice to help them upgrade their information with this move.

Do you have anything that you know could be used on their web page to advantage.

Go it to the site http//:quotes.watchtower.ca

Get in touch with anything that might help.

My contribution so far was this....

Hey Quotes,

Just want to add my note of praise for a great site.There is nothing better that having their own words come back and haunt them.

I might have missed it on your site but in case it is not there I have something for you that you may want to add.

March 71 WT

. There is a close interrelationship between the heart and the mind, but they are two different faculties, centering in different locations. is a marvelously designed muscular pump,The heart but, more significantly, our emotional and motivating capacities are built within it. Love, hate, desire (good and bad), preference for one thing over another, ambition, fear?in effect, all that serves to motivate us in relationship to our affections and desires springs from the heart.

June 86 WT

2 The ancient Egyptians believed that the physical heart was the seat of intelligence and the emotions. They also thought that it had a will of its own. The Babylonians said that the heart housed the intellect as well as love. The Greek philosopher Aristotle taught that it was the seat of the senses and the domain of the soul. But as time passed and knowledge increased, these views were discarded. Finally the heart became known for what it is, a pump to circulate the blood throughout the body.

Just another lovely little flip flop.I remember the District convention in 71 making a big deal out of the heart.They even had a large throbbing heart on stage for much of this presentation.

I was so impressed with the information presented in 71 and more than a little brainwashed at the same time. I felt so superior to those medical doctors who blindly only thought of the heart as a pump to circulate blood and not as it really was,a center of emotions.

In fact the whole word was in darkness with regards to this issue as everyone else in the whole world also viewed the heart as "only a pump"

I found it more than mildly amusing that when they finally noted in 86 that the heart was just a pump they didn't also note that they,not the Greeks, Egyptians or Babylonians were the last in all the earth to teach this idea

POZ.

IP: WuzQL+dFm81ft+GO06-Mar-04 12:04 Mar 6, 2004 by Poztate: Correct formatting

06-Mar-04 12:05 Mar 6, 2004 by Poztate: Correct formatting
    little witchRe: Quotes website has moved

Post 1476 of 1496
    since 27-Aug-02

39 y 3 m 5 d

Thanks Quotes!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Come on Poztate you know you really want to detail their "we don't know" vs "genetic" vs "environment" flip flop position on homosexuality.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I found another flip flop (what a suprise)

Questions

from Readers

?

Is there anything in the Bible against giving one?s eyes (after death) to be transplanted to some living person??L. C., United States.

The question of placing one?s body or parts of one?s body at the disposal of men of science or doctors at one?s death for purposes of scientific experimentation or replacement in others is frowned upon by certain religious bodies. However, it does not seem that any Scriptural principle or law is involved. It therefore is something that each individual must decide for himself. If he is satisfied in his own mind and conscience that this is a proper thing to do, then he can make such provision, and no one else should criticize him for doing so. On the other hand, no one should be criticized for refusing to enter into any such agreement.

This little gem was in the aug 1/61 WT

Only a few years later the transplant of body parts was "canabalistic" and there were scriptural principles involved.

Fast forward again and once again it was a matter that each person decided for themselves. RIGHT

In the mean time how many people died trying to please their WT GOD

Come on Poztate you know you really want to detail their "we don't know" vs "genetic" vs "environment" flip flop position on homosexuality.

Hey Mysterious....How about posting what you have found out so far with your own research and post it here.

With the number of people on this site I am sure we can find many more "hidden gems of truth" that quotes and beans can use to advantage on their moved web page. I urge anyone but especially the ones that have been around for a while to check out http://Quotes.Watchtower.ca
    and then if you can think of any more "gems" to add to their site post it here.

Knowledge is Power

POZ.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Poztate,

: I was so impressed with the information presented in 71 and more than a little brainwashed at the same time. I felt so superior to those medical doctors who blindly only thought of the heart as a pump to circulate blood and not as it really was,a center of emotions.

Do you remember the BIG red heart they had at the DC's to promote that nonsense and the articles that talked about people receiving heart transplants and then having their personalities somehow magically morph in the the personalities of the donars? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Spirits-Directed WT Corporation has typically been 50 years behind science and medicine throughout their entire history, so they've not only been idiots the whole time but CONSISTENT idiots.

Farkel

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hi Farkel,

so they've not only been idiots the whole time but CONSISTENT idiots.

Lets face it,you know it,I know it but DAMM its really hard to get the rest of the world to know it!!!!

I was one of those DUBS who believed everything they were told!!!!! (STUPID)

What an IDIOT!!!! I would like to make up for my stupidity by helping others to see the"TRUTH"

It is a long uphill battle but SOMEDAY we will flush this CULT down the TOILET!!!!!

Do you remember the BIG red heart they had at the DC's to promote that nonsense and the articles that talked about people receiving heart transplants and then having their personalities somehow magically morph in the the personalities of the donars? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I lapped up that nonsense,I loved it. I couldn't get enough of this BULLSHIT....How pathetic was I??? NO MORE BS...
  • hooberus
    hooberus

"We cannot but admire the high principles embodied in the proposed League of Nations, formulated undoubtedly by those who have no knowledge of the great plan of God. This fact makes all the more wonderful the ideals which they express. For instance, it has been made plain by President Wilson and the advocates of his ideas that the proposed League of Nations is more than merely a league to enforce peace. They would not have us consider it to exclusively from the standpoint of politics or of military relations. It should be considered as fully from the economic and social points of view. The President's idea seems to be that the League of Nations which he proposes would stand for world service rather than mere world regulation in the military sense, and that the very smallest of nations shall be participants in its every arrangement. In other words, his idea undoubtedly is that the league shall not be established merely for the purpose of promoting peace by threat or coercion; but that its purpose, when put into operation, will be to make all nations of earth one great family, working together for the common benefit in all the avenues of national life. Truly this is idealistic, and approximates in a small way that which God has foretold that he will bring about after this great time of trouble." Watch Tower February 15, 1919 p.51 reprints page 6389

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Awake! article complimentary of the United Nations. Not sure if Quotes quotes it yet.

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20030801/JWANDSOCIETY/111130001

• Poztate
    Poztate

A BIG Thank you to Hooberus and Jgnat,

Come on everyone...lets keep them coming!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit