freefall sky diving

by ball. 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ball.
    ball.

Thinking of taking up sky diving or at least becoming a qualified sky diver in a week, this summer, in about 8 dives. Has anyone here done this before? I was looking to do a bungee jump, and then thought of this instead. It will cost only about £1200 plus the flights to Spain and accomodation.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

WOW!

Some people just like to live on the edge! Best of luck to ya and have fun!

Kate

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* ball did you put this in the Bible forum to suppose the point that freefalling will scare the bejebus into you? *LOL* I always wanted to do that too! Good luck!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Ball,

20 years ago I took up sport parachuting for a while. I made 6 static-line jumps and 5 free fall. This was in England over the course of one summer. I had to do 5 static-line jumps with 2 being on the same day in order to qualify to do a free-fall jump. It was a blast. Sheer terror for a few seconds, a minute of gentle descent and finally the sudden rush of the ground approaching. England is the not the best country for a sport that requires clear skies and low wind speeds. It meant a lot of hanging around at the air field waiting for the weather to improve.

In the end a "special needs" talk was given on the subject of dangerous sports so I quit. Instead I went on a winter vacation skiing in the Austrian Alps with a JW family. England is not really the best country to ski in either. That meant travelling to the hillier parts of Europe which of course is expensive. Now I live in a place with real winters I ski occasionally, in fact the family Thirdson spent a day skiing a couple of weeks ago.

I'd say do it. Have you done any parachuting? If you haven't you should try one jump locally before spending a huge amount of money. I know nowadays that you can jump strapped to an instructor and free-fall jump on your very first try -- in relative safety.

3rd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit