Demonic "Eagles" !!! LOL (UL)

by Latte 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• Latte
    Latte

I have just bought the new Eagles CD..........it's just brilliant ! (INMHO)

I remember being told in times gone by, that there were def. some demonic influences on some of the tracks...especially Hotel California.
    I promptly, and obediently destroyed my Hotel California album (can I believe I did that?) I think that the "you can check out anytime, but you can NEVER leave" sums up the borg. perfectly!! LOL

Anyone else hear this Urban Legend?

Latte (Listening NOW to Hotel California.........sounds just great!)

• Seven
    Seven

Latte, A few years back I purchased the vinyl album "Hotel California" at a flea market. The figure standing on the balcony on the back cover is Anton LaVey, church of satan kahuna. Supposedly the "such a lovely face" from the title track was referring to him. Either way it's a great song and never prevented me from enjoying anything the band ever released.

seven

• Latte
    Latte

Thanks Seven,

What you said jogged my memory. Yes, there was some figure on the cover, it did sound very convincing at the time, as to why I should dispose of the album.

I am still concerned about things like black majic/ demons etc. Perhaps I will be less so as time goes by, and the JW paranoia subsides. My husband thinks that many supposedly para-normal happenings can be explained logically.........I'm still unsure.

Thanks for your reply Seven

Latte

• malk
    malk

Hello, I have a comment or two about this subject. I as well remember the claims concerning "Hotel California". it was not only the JW who had this view, although perhaps they started the whole thing. I read an interview with an them, and they said that the person in the window was not anton, but it was a drunken woman who stumble into the picture. They thought it looked cool, so they picked that one for the cover. Then a few years ago, (actually i believe this came first), before Anton had died, he stated in a television interview that he was not the one in the picture, answering a question pertaining to it. However, supposedly there is back masking in the song. A friend of mine showed this to my brother, by simply turning the head in a tape deck around somehow. I myself did not witness this, but according to the two of them, they heard it. I don't have a tape decl to tear apart to hear this myself.....but now that the question is brought up, perhaps I'll give it a try. I forget what exactly the back masking is suppose to contain, maybe someone else has heard of this? I'm going to try and see if I can somehow figure out how to do it, if I do, i'll repost for everyone's enjoyment!

Matthew Hill
    Saratoga Springs, NY Congregation Refugee

http://www.land-and-deed.com/emart/emartstart.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit