Thirty Pieces of Silver

by Sentinel 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Coming up this Monday evening, I hear there is a TV movie called "Judas". The previews look enticing. The story basically the "same ole, same ole", but decidedly sympathetic toward Jesus close friend, and not nearly as sadistic as Gibson's production. They are releasing it now to TV because two years ago, the picture was done, but couldn't be sold to movie theaters. (They were told the public would not accept it, and it would cause too much upheaval in the churches.....duh???)

Heard anything about it?

/<

• simplesally
    simplesally

Saw the previews........probably going to watch it.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Sally, I actually did remember to tape the movie last night. (oftentimes I have good intentions, and then I forget) Hubby and I will watch it together at leisure.

I'm finding that it is better for us to tape things we find interesting. Our set-up makes it possible to tape while we can also watch a different channel at the same time. And, we can fast-forward through all the ads.

/<

• Xena
    Xena

I've read a few books on Judas...don't remember the titles off-hand....had some interesting takes on his life and what actually happended there at the end (I will post the titles when I get home if you like), but I have always felt a certain sympathy for him..predestination sucks for people like him huh?

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Xena, I too have considered the "predestination thing" and how it applies to certain individuals who became a significant part of history. All in all, we wouldn't be where we are today, if things had not taken place exactly as they did.

People make their own choices and are free to do so in this life. However, I do believe that we all have to live every type of human existence possible through eons of our soul residing in their earthly hosts. This means, we would be perhaps the giver or the receipient of "evil or badness". We would have to know the other side of good, in order to see why the good is the better choice.

There are many who believe that our souls "make a contract" with the universal creators before taking a new host. That contract more or less discloses the things they must experience. The choice comes in how they decide to fulfil the contract--the decisions they make.

For example, I have learned that Hitler was religous. He believed that it was his job to exterminate the Jews because they were the ones responsible for the death of Jesus. In turn, Judas hoped with all his heart that Jesus would have been stronger and really be a leader of the people, to help free them from the bondage of false teachings, and strong controlling governments. When he finally realized that Jesus didn't have an interest in being a King, he was disappointed and ashamed that Jesus would walk away from such an opportunity.

Very interesting. Yes, let me know of any sources where I can find more information. We haven't watched the movie yet--waiting till the weekend.

/<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit