Need Book Title!

by robhic 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• robhic
    robhic

Interlinear, (1969 edition, p. 11):

THE DIVINE NAME: One of the remarkable facts, not only about the extant manuscripts of the original Greek text, but of many versions, ancient and modern, is the absence of the divine name... [Comments about divine name in OT]...As the Christian Greek Scriptures were an inspired addition and supplement to the sacred Hebrew Scriptures, this sudden disappearance from the Greek text seems inconsistent...

The above reference was given to me to support the fact that the name "Jehovah" does not appear in any of the existing Greek Manuscripts from which the New Testament was written.

I was also given something from an "Insight" book and the WT from 3/1/91 that basically admit the same thing: The WTS added the name to the Greek Scriptures because they felt it should be there.

Can anyone give me the correct or complete name of that "Interlinear" book reference above and also, is the "Insight book" called "Insight from the Scriptures"?

A JW friend (sometmes girlfriend) has sicced some elders on me because I told her whenever JWs knock at my door they are unable to answer my statement about the name appearing 7000 times in the Bible ("What Does God Require of Us? book). I said that it didn't and the WT admits it. I don't know what this former elder is going to tell me -- If I even decide to waste my time talking with him.

I was told he was "very smart." Yeah? How smart can he be, he's still in the organization?!

If anyone can please give me the correct name of that Interlinear book and the Insight book I'd sincerely appreciate it. I think a show-down is brewing!!!

Robert

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures, 1969

Insight on the Scriptures, 1988

both of these can sometimes be found for sale on Ebay, although as of this moment neither of them are.

• robhic
    robhic

Nathan, thank you for your quick response. I appreciate it and liken it to me "girding my loins for battle."

Robert

• blondie
    blondie

There are 2 volumes of the Insight Book

1988 - Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 1

1988 - Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

My pleasure, Sir Knight!

Go forth and vanquish thy foe.

Share this

Google+