Passion of the Christ Movie

by gold_morning 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Has anyone heard of the JW take on the Passion of the Christ Movie?

Just curious if they are negative on it. Or.... do they consider it a must see.

Gold

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Most JWs wouldn't be caught dead in a movie theatre showing that movie. First of all, they don't like the cross because they've been taught that Christ died on a stake. Some Witnesses even believe you'll get demon possessed if you have a cross in your home. They're so hung up on the Cross Issue, they completely miss the point.

I know of a JW who is totally disgusted with her disfellowshipped daughter for seeing the film. She told her daughter that the Jesus in the movie isn't the Jesus acknowledged by Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Not to sound a bit piqued, but there are five or six fricking threads on this movie... the Search feature (above) will probably be of assistance. As has been pointed out, it's rated R.

• dustyb
    dustyb

me and my elder buddy was actually talking about it. he said he hasn't seen it yet, but from what he's seen and stuff, the only thing they have incorrect is that jesus wasn't on a cross, but stake. i'm not up for debating that, but in his opinion, a lot of the things were probably pretty accurate.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Hi Gold,

Debby and I attended the movie and liked it very much. It confirmed something I always suspected though, namely the Devil is a woman! Ha Ha, just kidding!

Take care,

Outaservice

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Since when do the JWs give two peso's about Jesus, anyway, except at Memorial?

• logansrun
    logansrun

I could use a little passion....

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

The term "Passion" used here refers to the Old Latin meaning, "Suffering." So the movie is about the Suffering of Christ. I would think that a Dub would get in trouble seeing an R rated movie....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit