People Say Death Is Like Taking A Trip, Right?

by cypher50 4 Replies latest jw friends

• cypher50
    cypher50

Death is like taking a trip, right?

OK, let's say that there is this guy named John...and he decides to leave his hometown forever and never comes back. Here are some rumors about him:

John simply imploded when he hit the town line...however, there are people who say that this isn't true because they went over the town line and they simply saw a truck's headlights before coming back into town.

Some say that John left town but once in awhile talks to them over a special phone that is only located in the church...

A guy down the street said something about John coming back as different people & animals but we all just don't get that one.

The kids seem to always say that at night you can hear John driving down his old street honking the horn and yelling out about getting them all...

Marge at the salon said that John moved to some ritzy city to live with his dad and that he gets whatever he wants now...but Bob the bartender says that John never paid his tabs & stuff so now John is probably slumming it in Shelbyville...

Why did I make all this crap up? Because, it is 6:33am and I am bored as hell...what a lame post . Can you think of anything better for John?

• dustyb
    dustyb

must be one HELL of a trip then
    RIP
    ..!. <x_X> .!..

• cypher50
    cypher50

DAMMIT, the boards won't let me make the post for some reason...CONSPIRACY!

• Mary
    Mary
    cyper50 said Because, it is 6:33am and I am bored as hell

Well what the hell is wrong with you?? Why aren't you out doing street witnessing?? At 6:33am, you should be visiting all the bus stops and thrust older issues of the Botchtower and Asleep! magazines into the hands of sleepy-eyed commuters!! And as soon as it's 7:00am, you can start with the telephone witnessing.

Now I don't ever want to see you posting here at that time of the morning again, when you could be getting your Service time in..........

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

You know, I was just thinking about all of this "what happens when we die" stuff recently too and it's only because people don't come back and we really don't know that we have all these crazy explanations, some not so great. I'd like to think the dead people we love still know what's going on with us and are watching us (only when we are fully dressed and not doing anything we wouldn't want them to see, of course) but I doubt they are, or they'd try to contact us or something.

Ok, my explanation for what happened to old John is, he drove out one night and had a flat tire, and was trying to flag down an oncoming car, a group of college teens, but they were drunk and hit him by mistake. Shaken, they decided John was probably dead so they put him in the BMW trunk and drove him down to the harbor, where they dropped his body in the water, and vowed to never speak of this again. But he was not dead yet, or was he? He can't "move on" until he is finished getting his revenge on all 4 of those snotty college students. Should be soon, though, I think one of them is stepping into the shower right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit