Marley Cole - "Jehovahs Witnesses, the New World Society"

by nicolaou 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

This from N.H. Knorr's foreword of FOTM:

Toward the end of 1955 Mr. Macmillan asked permission to use the Society's files to write an account of his experiences in the ministry. Since he is a trusted member of the headquarters staff, he was granted permission. A few months ago he informed me the work was finished, and at his request I agreed to read the manuscript for technical accuracy. I soon found myself engrossed in the story which the account of his life and association with Jehovah's witnesses had produced.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

onacruse

I'm curious, what kind of information are you talking about? PM me if you'd prefer. For the record, FOTM is also available online at http://reactor-core.org/religion/faith-on-the-march/

• Publisherpaul
    Publisherpaul

Hi There,

In 1996 Marley Cole wrote his autobiography called 'Harvest Of Our Lives', it goes into great detail about his life as a Jehovah's Witness and the Book Project and the Watchtowers help in publishing it. It's still in print. I'm lead to believe he is still a 'faithful Brother'. (ISBN O-9613657-7-3.)

Hope this helps.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914
    Of course, an advert in the Watchtower for a 'non-Watchtower' book is a pretty strong endorsement but is there anything else I can use?

Do you really need any greater endorsement? The Watchtower Society never advertizes any products in its publications ... so for them to do this is a ringing endorsement ...

However, why would you give this biased, pro-JW book to your mum? Are you trying to help her become a JW? I read this book twice, and it is clearly a dripping endorsement, unobjective, cleverly designed to move a person to look into becoming a JW ... I strongly believe it was a trial baloon to see if they could gain converts by having a so-called "independent" book written about them ... and Ray Franz's comments are spot on ... it was written with the full cooperation of the Society ...

Amazing

• gumby
    gumby
    Are you trying to help her become a JW?

I was wondering the same thing. WHY do you want her to read this?

Gumby

• Publisherpaul
    Publisherpaul

Quotes from 'Harvest of out Lives' MARLEY COLE 1996

'The Book project was started in 1953. For 2 years I worked on that book under pressures that just about destroyed Fern (his wife) and me. Headquauters worked with me, page by page on every chapter throughout the book, furnishing some of the material...... part of the strain was having to keeping mum about the project..... The scoiety wanted the book out in time for release during the 1955 conventions....

The two years of getting through that book left Fern and me in a shambles. Cliff and Sherif Lowery got me to go see this therapist. He Said I was severely exhausted. Another Doctor said my physical nervous system was depleted.....'

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Cole later wrote a book "Triumphant Kingdom" that as I heard was not endorsed by the Society.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Harvest of Our Lives
    Author: Marley Cole Year Published: 1996 Is the author a Witness: Yes
    Publisher: Stoops Publishing Pages: 155 ISBN: 0961365773
    Autobiography of Marley Cole. You've read his works. Now the life story of this faithful author and his dear wife can be enjoyed. You'll feel aquainted with Marley and Fern as you relive their life's experiences great and small. There is humor and serious contemplation, successes and failures, elation and sadness, commendation and persecution, youth and now advancing years. This life story is unlike any other. It is impossible to lay it down until you finish it!

http://members.shaw.ca/stanm/books/theobooks.htm

• brucer421
    brucer421

He was in my mother's congregation in New Britain, CT. My mom is one of the ones getting baptized in one of the books' pictures.

Take care, B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit