What's Your Definition of A Nice Guy or Girl?

by Cicatrix 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

T's thread and some life experiences have got me to wondering about this. I honestly am not sure if I know what a nice guy/woman is (odd thing to admit, half way through my life). The WTS defined nice guy as spiritual, striving to "take the lead", putting Jehovah first in all things, a "responsible family head"(open to the interpretation of local needs, lol).A nice woman is above all, submissive, putting Jehovah and hubby first, and hard working. I always thought you know a nice guy when you see one, but life doesn't always work out that way. A lot of men and women who are unfailingly nice to everyone else are downright despotic toward their spouse and children.I'm always amazed when incidents of abuse become public, and so many people say "but he/she seemed like such a nice guy/woman." So to all of you who have worn a little tread off on the road of life, what is your definition of nice? Thanks, Cicatrix

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Hope this isn't a thread killer, but:

A nice guy - or nice gal - is someone who has fun living by the Golden Rule!

GentlyFeral
    pretty damn nice by this definition

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes know a really beautiful girl in the Midwest -- but she is not nice -- she looks at you as if top say -- yes I am beautiful - what are you doing looking -- and never says hello -- I always have to say hi first -- so a nice person is someone who is friendly -- who will say hi

• talesin
    talesin

Cicatrix

Good question ...

Someone who strives to live in harmony with the rest of the planet. At least in their sphere of contact.

In the dating context, someone who does not 'toy' with others, who is responsible and mature in their emotional connections. Someone who has learned the value of honesty and forthrightness, and practices these values.

Hard to define; I don't have the answer (but I tried).

tal

(bad boy - one who appears exciting 'cause he is 'fast' and 'dangerous', popular, desired by many, exclusive to none - that one is easy to define, heheheheh)

• Maverick
    Maverick

Well, my lady friends tell me I'm a nice guy all the time. What they are saying in womanez is that I am a thoughtful, stand-up adult man that they don't have to worry about making them my Mama! I treat them like ladies and act like a gentleman. I try not to disrespect them and their feelings and I try hard not to invalidate their actions and behavior. I act totally different in the bedroom...the word freak has been uttered more than once! But I behave in public.

To me a nice lady is one that is giving and flexible, and animated in the bedroom...I hate a woman that is a mannequin in the bedroom. I will give that kind a few times to warm up but if they can't ...they are history.

I will not take too much crap from a woman. Too many nice ladies out there to get stuck with a bad one! Maverick...I'm a prince when I want to be and a snake when we disagree!

• Xena
    Xena

A nice guy - Someone who respects himself and therefore has plenty room to respect others. Treats people the way he wants to be treated. Realizes that being nice doesn't mean you always have to agree with everyone but can disagree while still allowing others room for their own beliefs.

A nice girl - Why me of course

• 1VTHokie
    1VTHokie

A nice guy: someone who does not intentionally harm himself or other people. He is someone who has self-esteem who respects himself and other people. He is someone who cares enough about the environment and world problems that he has made some adjusts in his own life so as to not contribute to the worsening of either. I don't see him as being a fanatic with issues. I've seen too many people go to extremes and become fundamentalistic (is that a word?). Being all of these things, he would probably be a mature and responsible person.

I guess that sums it up for me.

Rita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit