Dr. Jack Van Impe

by biblexaminer 8 Replies latest jw friends

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I was scanning the television last night and ran across the great reverend Dr. Jack Van Impe. He was offering some of his own 'new light'. He said that his earlier interpretation of a 'generation' was incorrect. He said that it's not 40 years, but rather 51.5 years. This, he said, makes the second coming 2018. So, he pushed forward the date for Armageddon another 11.5 years.

My first encounter with the good doctor was when I accidentally tuned in to his broadcast back in 1989. I was trying to get an old television to work for the garage, and his program came on. Interestingly, he just happened to be warning his viewers about, you guessed it, Jehovah's Witnesses. He said to 'stay away from them'.

As the old saying goes "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". I guess VanImpotent realizes a good $thing$ when he sees it! He has learned well from his master, the Devil, through his approved Channel.

Interestingly, to “channel” with respect to supernatural things, means to be a medium, or a ‘go-between’, a spirit medium. Besides the fact that only Christ is the “medium” or “channel” through whom human kind may approach God, the Scriptures themselves condemn the seeking of “spirit mediums” or “spirit CHANNELS”. The Watchtower, and hence it’s representatives, claim to be such a “channel”, or spirit medium, and Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide are told to, and willingly seek out this “medium” (middleman).

What do the Scriptures say as to how these will fare at God’s hand.

DEATH!

And this, added to the fact that they openly “add to Scripture”, willingly going against the warning at the end of the Revelation to John.

Would you want to be a GB member?

• openminded
    openminded

Is it just me, or does VanImp's wife look like she was a real looker in her day?

I

• bigboi
    bigboi

It's just you!

"it ain't what ya do. it's how you do it" quote from the song "True Honeybunz" by Bahamadia

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi BE,

I have listened to Jack several times, I think he is YK with a wife.

Ken P.

• heathen
    heathen

VAn Impe is a shmuck along with the rest
    of those tele vangelist goof balls
    that's all they are is money grubbing pan handlers

heathens have more fun :)

• God_knows
    God_knows

Van Impe is a smart man but he is too inconstant. His opinions and ideas on end time prophecy tend to change on a dime. I used to watch him often, but tired of the endless Catholic love-fest, and his odd ideas that go way off the deep end at times.

I study the bible now on my own and with a man that truly knows his stuff.

The only thing that I am grateful to Van Impe for, is learning of the Rapture. I did not even know there was such a thing before I started watching his shows.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Well, I think the rapture is going to be a rupture. Keep studying the Bible though, and build faith in God.

I don't want to push my ideas on how Christ "will gather" from "one corner of the Earth to the other", ad you know the verses about two women at the well etc.

I just put faith in Christ. All he saw fit to use in description of how he will do it is "as eagles are gathered to a carcass", so will we all be gathered to the Christ.
    I go no farther.

As far as Van impotent, he's nuts.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi BE: I agree with you about Dr. Van Impe. I can add that he is a fraud, con artist, performer, and his warnings about the JWs is like the pot calling the kettle black. I have watched Van Impe only when I want to get zoned and go to sleep. - Amazing

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Van Impe is guilty of the same thing he accuses the WT and the JW of. I came across a site a few months ago exposing these nuts and the things they said would come about as well as date setting. If I can find it I will post it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit