Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses Closing & Sale in Boonville, MO

by Brokeback Watchtower 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

It's a surprise to hear that the GB is selling the Boonville KH. Back in 02 and 03 when I was doing research on Joe Rutherford I visited this congregation several times. The local JWs were very friendly and helpful. I didn't tell them that I'd left the JWs in 1984, so they thought I was just another worldly writer.

Anyway there was this elderly JW lady who told me where Rutherford's house was located, his legal office, and other interesting items. Yes, Rutherford's house and law office are still there. This lady's daughter-in-law gave me some leads as to the academy that Rutherford attended after graduating from High School.

Since this was Rutherford's old congregation, and he was the founder of the JWs, one would think that his religious heirs would keep this KH, even if it was justfor the historical and sentimental value.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Why doesn't the borg sell the 'big' hall and purchase a smaller KH for the fine brothers and sisters in Boonville? Wouldn't that be the "loving" thing to do?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Is there any place where we can see recent numbers showing number of KH sold vs. number of new KHs built?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Since this was Rutherford's old congregation, and he was the founder of the JWs, one would think that his religious heirs would keep this KH, even if it was just for the historical and sentimental value.

Nah.........they closed and sold the Kingdom Hall in Litchfield IL several years ago. Litchfield had been the site of a riot during the war years in the '40s and the Catholic Church is said to have instigated the riots, which may have included tar & feathering [memory fading].

A Cong was finally established there in the 80s (+/-) which never really flourished and eventually they admitted defeat and just packed up, sold the Hall, and moved on.

Doc

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe they are just selling it because it is in a town called "Boon ville"

Sounds very racist to me.

Do any "whiteys" live there?

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit