Elder visits on Inactive & Memorial

by doinmypart 7 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Here is the latest BOE info, there haven?t been many letters sent out to elders, most correspondence seems to go to CO and then discussed w/elders in 6 month meeting.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Here is the latest BOE info, there haven?t been many letters sent out to elders, most correspondence seems to go to CO and then discussed w/elders in 6 month meeting.

February 2004 BOE letters were sent out to elders in the

Also, in the final 8 minutes of the Memorial talk the speaker will make an announcement to non-JW visitors to talk to the Attendants about starting a bible study. Another BOE letter discussed how we need to be more proactive in starting studies with visitors since last year over 16,000,000 attended the Memorial.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Thanks for the info! And welcome to the board, if I haven't said that already. I think maybe some info may have been left out about the first BOE letter.

Nina

• blondie
    blondie
    final 8 minutes of the Memorial talk the speaker will make an announcement to non-JW visitors to talk to the Attendants about starting a bible study. Another BOE letter discussed how we need to be more proactive in starting studies with visitors since last year over 16,000,000 attended the Memorial.

I have seen this done in the past Memorials as well as the elders being counseled to be more proactive. Most visitors either are already studying, non-JW family members of JWs, or inactive, DF'd or DA'd family members or people already known to the elder body as being inactive the past year or more.

I asked my ex-elder hubbie how much they followed up on this and he just laughed. They would each get a list with a few names to call on. All they had to do was "try" to contact or say they did so they could cover their rears at the next CO visit.

Actions speak louder than words.

Blondie (welcome)

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Let me try this again:

February 2004 BOE letters were sent out to elders in the U.S. discussing the results of the elders visit on inactive JWs in 2003 and plans for 2004. It seems approximately 14,000 were re-activated and 12,000 accepted studies. In 2004 the U.S. Branch wants elders to visit inactive JWs again by April. Visits will not be made on people that have made it clear that they do not want such visits. During visits points will be shared from chapter 24 of the Draw Close to God book or the 4/1/95 WT p 10-15. This will no doubt make it harder for ones trying to fade, but if a person can let the elders know that they do NOT want any future visits and also avoid a discussion on doctrinal matters he or she should be fine.

Also, in the final 8 minutes of the Memorial talk the speaker will make an announcement to non-JW visitors to talk to the Attendants about starting a bible study. Another BOE letter discussed how we need to be more proactive in starting studies with visitors since last year over 16,000,000 attended the Memorial.

• franklin J
    franklin J

This explains why they came to my door last Sunday.

They had only visited once before in the 8 years I have lived at my current address ( wow, when I was a pioneer we canvased the territories twice a year; they must be hard up for door to door recruits these days)

My family and I were having an early Sunday dinner ; all around the dining room table( about 3:00pm). The house was quiet; a nice fire in the fireplace; sun was beginning to set. After we left the table I opened the living room door to watch the late afternoon light as the sun dropped behind the trees and I noticed something in the door. They evidently came while we were at the table; did not ring the bell or use the door knocker; just quietly opened the glass storm door to leave a rolled up AWAKE mag in the door handle.

Needless to say it went directly into the fireplace.

• shamus
    shamus

Franklin,

Get yourself a bird. YOu can watch which bible verse your pet shits on, LOL!

Woot woot!

• Special K
    Special K

AAH Franklin..

I'd warm my hands at that fire and enjoy every moment of it. lol..

Glad you didn't find it until after your nice family dinner .. It would have probably ruined the meal..just a bit.

sincerely

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit