My mother.....a blessing from Jehovah

by logansrun 5 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Amazing the spongelike quality of young minds. A couple young JW kids sent my mother a letter which reads, in part:

"Dear L-----,

You truly are a blessing from Jahoveh! [spelling theirs] We love you sooooooo much!"

LOL. Now, I think my mom is a saint, but saying she is a direct blessing from the Almighty is just a little over the top. Doesn't that just sound Watchtoweresque, though? "Truly...a blessing" -- wonder where they learned to talk like that?

Nonetheless, it was cute.

Bradley

• franklin J
    franklin J

hey Bradley

as you and I both know from our experiences growing up--the conditioning begins very early.

• desib77
    desib77

Not meaning to sound bitter but that is a phrase I'm tired of hearing.......I would say I hear that come out of my mother's mouth every time I speak with her....she found one of her calls at home "truly a blessing from Jehovah"....she witnessed to the woman at the car wash "truly a blessing........."...she got transfered from working at the kindergarten to working at the s.o.s. school with all the misfits "truly a blessing..........."

It just gets so old talking to someone who is like a dummie sitting on the knee of the society repeating everything that she has been programmed to say....

Okay, I'm done venting now...

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

As I recall, the phrase "a blessing from Jehovah" was often used in regards to positive traits found within people, places and things. Probably motivated by a protective mechanism within the psyche to help anesthetize us to those things we found uncomfortable about Jehovah. Plus, when using such respectful language it felt like we were praising Jehovah -- which is a wise thing to do when your god threatens to kill you if you don't. j

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I wonder if the elders are aware that the young ones are preaching about the blessings of the false god Jahoveh - sectarian violence erupting among the young ones. Form an Inquisition! These children have altered the spelling of the Divinely Approved (tm) Divine Name!

CZAR

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I wonder if the elders are aware that the young ones are preaching about the blessings of the false god Jahoveh

Not only that... they are exalting their mother over others humans. Next thing you know they'll be grown up and calling her every year on her birthday and mother's day just to, you know, say hello.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit