Lurkers! 1919 PROVES THE WATCHTOWER is a Fraud!

by metatron 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• metatron
    metatron

Recently, the Watchtower has been praising itself for all the wonderful things it

did in 1918- 1919.

Let me put this bluntly: They're lying about their history.

The Watchtower and its Bible Students weren't expecting - or looking for - Christ's

presence in 1914 - 1919. Why?

Because they believed and taught that Christ's Second Presence began in 1874!

You can prove this to yourself by reading page 631 in the green "Jehovah's Witnesses

- Proclaimers of God's Kingdom" book - in which it outlines the reasons why the Society

picked 1874 , "that evidently the Lord had returned in that year and was visibly present".

If you have a copy of the "Harp of God" - published by the Watchtower Society

in 3,960,000 copies copyright 1921 - you can turn to page 251 and read about 1874

also .

What does this tell us? That like the "foolish virgins" of Jesus' parable (Matt. 25)

THEY BLEW IT! They missed the event! They got the date wrong!

They are now bragging about themselves ( see Feb/March Watchtowers)

and praising themselves for their achievements - based on a fraud , because

they screwed up their own chronology! When they lie about things like this,

who are they imitating?

Well, the "Is the Bible Really the Word of God" reminds us that many ancient

tyrants used to GLORIFY themselves and lie about their own achievements

(pg.59) On the other hand, it says that Bible writers honestly admitted their own

shortcomings ( pg 69) and "They did not try to gloss over or 'whitewash' these matters"

The book tells us that "humility and honesty usually go hand in hand" and that

Christian Bible writers did not try to portray themselves as "heroes".

Who do you think the Watchtower Society is really imitating here by praising themselves?

If you judge them by their own correct history, they and their authority are

founded on a fraud.

metatron

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The new book "The Four Presidents of the Watch Tower Society" gives much supporting evidence on this. a really good read. Obtainable from Freeminds.

• Analysis
    Analysis

This exact point is what really got me thinking on my own. Any one who has read any of the Studies in the Scriptures or the Harp of God realized what the teachings were in the 1918 / 1919 time frame. I used to laugh when they would have an experience at an assembly or in the magazines about some old timer learning the truth from these publications. They remember it was the truth, but their memory of what the books actually taught was kind of faulty.

At a Circuit Assembly a couple of years ago the CO said; "Can you imagine how the Brothers and Sisters felt when they realized that Jesus? rule started in 1914?" Like this was a great revelation. I thought to myself, yea just like the many Brothers and Sisters felt about the change in the understanding of the time frame of the Generations in the mid 1990s. Which was, I guess we are not living as close to the end of this system as I was taught 30 years ago as a child.

• hooberus
    hooberus

While we are on the subject of 1919. A key Watchtower doctrine is that Jesus found and appointed a Faithful and Discreet Slave Class in the year 1919.

A simple way to disprove the 1914, 1919 FDS doctrine is to simply show the 1919 Topical Index to the Watchtower Reprints. Under the "That" heading:

The Watchtower Reprints, Vol. 7, 1919, p. 6611

"That Servant: An individual, not a class. 3355:10:3356" (pages 3355, 3356 refer to the 1904 arcticle)

Since the index summarizes the WT teachings up to July 1919 there was no FDS class for Jesus to appoint! I have a copy of the old index page which is probably not available in most Kingdom Hall libraries if you like I could mail it to you. I have never been a JW so I am not apostate.

The standard reply to such remarks is that there has been numerous helpings of New Light since 1919! If your points are not the latest WBTS thinking they are not considered as valid. This is how I would respond to the "new light" argument.

"Yes, Mr. Witness I know that the FDS teaching was changed in February 1927 to the current one that the FDS is a "class." However this is not the issue that concerns me. The main thing that concerns me is that the Watchtower claims that there was a slave class in the year 1919 when there wasn't one. In order for Watchtower history to be correct Jesus had to appoint a slave class in the year 1919. The historical facts show that one did not exist, hense the Watchtower has lied about their history."

Revelation 14:5 says that the remnant will tell no lie, hense the Watchtower leaders cannot be the real remnant.

• hooberus
    hooberus

The WT in its modern literature tries to convey the impression that they rejected the League of Nations in 1919 and that everyone else embraced it. While the WT did later on come out against the league initially they seem to have been favorable. Modern WT quotes about what they "believed in 1919" omit their initailly favorable quote in the February 15, 1919 Watchtower: "We cannot but admire the high principles embodied in the proposed League of Nations, formulated undoubtedly by those who have no knowledge of the great plan of God. This fact makes all the more wonderful the ideals which they express. For instance, it has been made plain by President Wilson and the advocates of his ideas that the proposed League of Nations is more than merely a league to enforce peace. They would not have us consider it to exclusively from the standpoint of politics or of military relations. It should be considered as fully from the economic and social points of view. The President's idea seems to be that the League of Nations which he proposes would stand for world service rather than mere world regulation in the military sense, and that the very smallest of nations shall be participants in its every arrangement. In other words, his idea undoubtedly is that the league shall not be established merely for the purpose of promoting peace by threat or coercion; but that its purpose, when put into operation, will be to make all nations of earth one great family, working together for the common benefit in all the avenues of national life. Truly this is idealistic, and approximates in a small way that which God has foretold that he will bring about after this great time of trouble." Watch Tower February 15, 1919 p.51 reprints page 6389 Are the Watchtower leaders being completely honest about 1919 ?

• JeffT
    JeffT

It might be interesting to pointj out to a dub that the United States Senate refused to accept the League of Nations.

• Golf
    Golf

JeffT, yes it was under the influence of Henry Cabot Lodge Sr's that the Senate rejected the (L. Of N.)

Guest 77

• Voyager
    Voyager

Metatron

This is really excellent information. Its information like this, that will get a JW to thinking on their own and start investigating. The (replies) to your post also have fantastic information that can blow holes in the Watchtower's theories, and interuptations.

You guys are really doing some great work on choosing what topics to use to strike up interest. And once the interest starts, then usually the JW will take it upon themself to check out other topics as well.

When you start blowing holes in the FDS, then the JW usually begins to buckle at the knees.

Sebastian-Voyager-Underground

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit