NaijaNews Article: Here Are Seven Beliefs That Make Jehovah Witness Different From Other Christians

by AndersonsInfo 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

[The link states "Six Beliefs" but the title mentions "Seven Beliefs." Looks like someone goofed!]

Here Are Seven Beliefs That Make Jehovah Witness Different From Other Christians

The following note-worthy paragraph is at the end of the article.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe in shunning of Ex-members

Members who have left the Jehovah’s Witnesses for matters of conscience have one key complaint: Their despicable and harmful practice of shunning and damaging the reputation of any dissenting Jehovah’s Witness. A person’s beliefs about themselves determine almost all of their actions. When a person is indoctrinated into the Jehovah’s Witnesses they are taught to believe that they don’t “deserve” to be loved, respected, or valued. They are taught to question everything except what the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society teaches. This goes far beyond merely revoking their membership. The Watchtower requires and demands that families and friends affiliated with the organization completely cut that person off from their lives. This has resulted in broken families, separation from parents, separation from children, divorce, suicide, and untold psychological damage to all involved.

https://www.naijanews.com/religion/49339-six-beliefs-that-make-jehovah-witness-different-from-other-christians/

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Is it just me or is this a terribly written article? I don't think articles like this really do anything to dissuade anyone from being/joining the JWs...The things they list hardly make them unique and the article at times almost seems to be in support of the religion - mention of the deaths due to the blood ban is conspicuous by it's absence, they just provide scriptures that seem to support JWs. The writing is absolutely abhorrent and they even forgot they were doing a numbered list by point 3.

The terrible writing will probably keep anyone from ever actually getting to the last three points (the last two of which are essentially the same) which are the only ones that are really likely to raise alarms for most people.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

OneEyedJoe: I'm in full agreement, the article is a mess!

• cha ching
    cha ching

I am glad that the "news" about JWs is getting spread, and wondered about the 'style' of this writing... it seems disjointed, and almost like a rough Google translation. It sounded a bit 'African' And then I looked up the source....

Naija News is the name of the newspaper... Naija is a new slang word for Nigeria...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-11447252

"The word was coined by the country's youth as a way of distancing themselves from the old guard”
    "What Naija means to me is: Nai - the old Nigeria with a bad image because of corrupt ex-leaders and Ja - a slang for disappear. So when we say Naija, it means that we, the youth, are determined to cleanse the country and show the world the true colour of this great nation. Naija for real."

With that in mind, I say "Go Naija!" Expose these JWs for who they really are! Every movement begins with a feeling, and this article helps us see how ex-JWs feel. "no house" "no education" "shunned" "pedophiles not brought to justice" "beaten" "family lost due to 'no blood rules'"

I love their picture!

"Hey Watchtower!" "We still have voices!" A picture says a thousand words. Go Naija!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I love the pic as well. It summarizes pretty much what is wrong with the organization.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    AndersonsInfo - [The link states "Six Beliefs" but the title mentions "Seven Beliefs." Looks like someone goofed!]

No doubt the seventh belief is that JWs believe they have the best child protection policy in the world. It's just that no one has ever seen it to actually write positively about it, which could be why only six beliefs were written about.

• poopie
    poopie

Thank you

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Joe and Barb...

Yeah, could probably do with a polish.

Ching nailed it, though; that pic is gold.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Vidiot, I thought so too - that picture is pure gold. It's one of the reasons I posted the article. The other reason is that last paragraph. Somehow, we need to give that picture publicity without having a copyright problem. Anybody want to help with that?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Well... who, if anybody, specifically copyrighted it?

(Besides, I think as long as you make a point of stating the pic's origins, it's cool.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit