Rhetorical Question From a Non-JW

by Brian J 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brian J
    Brian J

So I was asked if "Jehovah's Witnesses feel they are the only ones who will be saved."

I said, no. He said "I thought you would say that" and showed me our own website:

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/who-saved/

No. Many millions who....weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation....Additionally, many now living (who have yet to become Jehovah's Witnesses) may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation.

"Care to revise your statement?"

• jdash
    jdash

Nice way to think about it. Just like this weeks Watchtower basically saying that baptism is the key to gaining salvation, without it you won't have salvation.

• Brian J
    Brian J

jdash - right?!

On the way home from the meeting today my 14 year old said...."the murderer hanging on the stake...Jesus said would be in His kingdom. Was he baptized?"

Also from today's Watchtower there were THREE specific places where baptism age was mentioned:

1) "A teenager named Abigail, who got baptized at age 12"

2) "An 18-year-old sister, baptized when she was 13"

3) "That is a comment made by Olivia, who is 17 and who got baptized as a preteen"

One of my other children asked...."how old was Jesus when he was Baptized?" I enjoyed reminding them of the answer.

I LOVE this age of critical thinking and am hopeful it will save the wife and kids from high control group misery. Trust the unchanging life principles of the Bible, not a group of men and their institutionalized and fluctuating interpretations.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The coy remainder of that WT answer is that millions have lived and died in the past and THEY will be entitled to a resurrection the opportunity to "salvation" if they choose righteousness.

Ya see, "many who weren't JWs" is very different to "many who aren't JWs".

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Non-JWs who die before Armageddon in their memorial tombs will be resurrected but those Non-JW billions who are alive at Armageddon will be destroyed eternally.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for the link, it is always helpful. They state -

No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27.

No scripture is quoted to support the claim that only those living now who are serving God will gain salvation and since there is none, they are doing the judging for those living now, rather than Jesus.
  • venus
    venus

A great surprise waits for those who read Mathew 25:31-46 without any preconceived notion.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "No. Many millions who....weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation....Additionally, many now living (who have yet to become Jehovah's Witnesses) may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation."
    "Care to revise your statement?"

"No....and by 'no'....we mean....'yes'."

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit