How is JWD Financed???

by Aikon 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Aikon
    Aikon

Hi Guys

As a "Newbie" who is here, but not yet there!!!!!!!!!!! I say hello to every one in JWD. I have been reading your post for sometime, and they are very incouraging to those who are still in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now as nothing in this world is free, there is no "Waters of life free".

How is this JWD, financed???????? Who pay the "lecy bill" and what above rest of the hard ware and the server and software for this site??

As,I have never seen Simon ask for any money and it cost pleanty to get this site up and running, who then finances this site??????????????/

Any how keep up the good work on this site and to all you members keep posting,as you just dont relise how much help you provied the dubs still in.

Best Regards

Aikon.

• Smyler
    Smyler

There's the DONATE button at the top of the page. Also, there's the google ads in the boc below the first post.

I really like how this site has stayed pop-up/under free and without and big ads!

smyler

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

For the most part Simon pays for the site out of his pocket. As Smyler stated there is a donate button but you won't ever hear Simon asking people to click on it. And the Google banner pays him a wee amout but only if people click on the banner

And last year a group of posters got together and put together an e-book (pdf file) of favorite recipes called Food at the Proper Time. It will sometimes appear in the banner ad. All the proceeds from the sales of the book go to Simon to support the board. On the same link is the second book Food in Due Season (the Holiday cookbook) which is free and hopefully will whet your appetite for the first book.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, the site keeps going thanks to the donations received and the google adverts plus a few special 'fundraising' efforts that have been done.

Without these, it probably would not have been possible to keep the site running as it was a bit of a drain but combined with a move to cheaper hosting (though more work intensive) the site costs that I have to cover are not what they once were so we should be here for a while longer yet !

• orangefatcat
  • orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Hello Lee, I would love to get a copy of the cook book with the holiday recipes, Please how do I get a copy and the other cook book sounds good too.

Thanks OrangefatcatWith All My Love
    OrangeFatCat 15

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Right here OFC

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/cookbook.aspx

Both books are listed on the same page. The holiday cookbook Food in Due Season is the free download.

• Sassy
    Sassy

sounds like we should make a point in clicking on the banner

• Smyler
    Smyler

Simon,

could you tell us appox how much the site costs for one month? Just curious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit