JW Family Facing Deportation

by Kenneson 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I just read the story about a JW Bulgarian couple in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area who are facing deportation after exhausting all avenues to become legal citizens. The man arrived in 1995 and the woman in 1996. The woman was arrested recently when she arrived at work and placed in jail. Immigration officials are looking for the man, who when found will also be arrested. Deportation will follow. Their two children born in the U.S. will either be made wards of the State or deported as well. The husband is doing all he can to try to keep them in this country stating that he had problems with the authorities in Bulgaria because he is a JW. and fears reprisals if they are sent back. I can't help but think that sometimes officials follow the law much too close to the letter. Here is a couple who have done everything possible to become citizens, are both working and carrying their weight in society and their children were born in this country. I fail to see why there can't be an exception to the rule. What do you think?

See "Bulgarian man wages campaign to keep his family in the Twin Cities"

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4620968.html

• Been there
    Been there

I know how hard it can be with immagration especially since 9/11. It was alot of work just to get my drivers license renewed again, and I've had one for 30 years here.

The husband said he didn't like a law that would seperate families? Yet he belongs to a religion that has no problem doing just that on a daily bases? If his wife desided she no longer wanted to go to meetings would he have a problem seperating his family? Being a Witness, should he not abide by the laws of Cesear and turn himself in? Just curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit