God,,, angry,,, so clearifies His ,,,,don't Kill Rule!

by frankiespeakin 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

http://www.theonion.com/onion3734/god_clarifies_dont_kill.html

NEW YORK?Responding to recent events on Earth, God, the omniscient creator-deity worshipped by billions of followers of various faiths for more than 6,000 years, angrily clarified His longtime stance against humans killing each other Monday.

"Look, I don't know, maybe I haven't made myself completely clear, so for the record, here it is again," said the Lord, His divine face betraying visible emotion during a press conference near the site of the fallen Twin Towers. "Somehow, people keep coming up with the idea that I want them to kill their neighbor. Well, I don't. And to be honest, I'm really getting sick and tired of it. Get it straight. Not only do I not want anybody to kill anyone, but I specifically commanded you not to, in really simple terms that anybody ought to be able to understand."

Worshipped by Christians, Jews, and Muslims alike, God said His name has been invoked countless times over the centuries as a reason to kill in what He called "an unending cycle of violence."

"I don't care how holy somebody claims to be," God said. "If a person tells you it's My will that they kill someone, they're wrong. Got it? I don't care what religion you are, or who you think your enemy is, here it is one more time: No killing, in My name or anyone else's, ever again."

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Gotta love The Onion. One of my fav sites!

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Great article!

Funny how god doesn't follow his own rules.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Sirius,

Maybe that's why Jesus said: "Do as they say, not as they do".

On the other hand, strike that, a god who orders the murder of someone for picking sticks on a Saturday, or your own child for overeating and getting drunk, etc. is not to be trusted as a fair judge of what should be right or wrong.

Faraon

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am not so sure God does all the things people say he does. I think he gets misrepresented in the press all of the time. People use sound bites and clever editing to make God say anything they want him to. I believe the part that says God is love. And the part where it says Love is long suffering and kind. It hopes all things, believes all things. Love never fails. You know, the definition in one of the letters to the Corinthians. I believe the murderous God is one invented by men. I don't see him giving up on anyone that is salvagable.

Heather

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

While I posted this thread tongue in cheek, I have to say we make God into a human much like ourselves because, we can only make him according to our concepts we are familiar with being our imagination is so feable.

God is Undifineable, and(speculation) our universe is probably just an electron in a atom on the pimple of some creatures ass and it could go on and on infinitely and we would not know it. Infinity can go in both directions to the unfathomably huge to the unfathomably small.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit