My son gets the Ax next Thursday

by freeman 6 Replies latest jw friends

• freeman
    freeman

As of next Thursday my son will be dis-fellowshipped. He knew it was only a matter of time; in fact IMO he was deliberately doing things to get himself kicked out, like smoking in front of witness friends. I?m not sure exactly what grounds they used, maybe smoking, maybe drinking, doesn?t matter, they make and change the rules as the go, but whatever they used, it will be announced next Thursday.

He said to my wife that he knew he was going to lose every friend he had and asked her if she would now shun him too. My wife actually admitted to me now that I was right all along and that he should never have been baptized because he was not mature enough to make that decision (He was baptized behind my back and over my objections).

Unlike his so-called friends I won?t reject him based on his current membership status within a publishing and real estate empire. When he is ready I?m sure we will have a lot to talk about. And when we do talk I will not only reassure him that his parents will be there for him, but I will also do my best to lay bare the truth about the organization he is now no longer a member of.

Freeman

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

freeman,

Rejoice! for soon, like yourself, your son also will be a free man.

cheeses.

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((Freeman's son)))))))))

Your boy-man has a difficult journey ahead. He is fortunate you will be there to love him and to guide him not only to the truth, but in how to live well 'outside in the world.' My wish is that his mother be kind and accepting no matter the change in status. Good luck to all of you.

out

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Leaving the organization is like surgery.

It can be painful, and it takes time to heal properly. But, it's for the best. Once it is well behind him, he will have removed an infecting parasite and will be much better off.

• dustyb
    dustyb

that sucks, but at least he's doing what he wants...instead of what they want, eh?

• Sassy
    Sassy

I feel bad for your son. We were not allowed to have friends out in the world and suddenly over night, we go from having people in our lives to having no one. Even if your parents do not shun you, what a big impact it is to have no friends for a young person. I remember when I got baptised as a teen and the woman who had studied with my mom cried. I asked her why she wasn't happy and she said because now when you make a mistake, you will be hurt too. Her son had been disfellowshipped by this time and she figured it was only a matter of time before most of the kids were. She figured if I got baptised it would only solidify trouble for me later. I didn't understand it at the time, of course now I do.

I'm sorry for your son and for you.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Why didn't he just DA himself?

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit