JDubs love to feel persecuted

by Sour Grapes 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The spotlight is on the Witlesses problem of protecting child sex abusers and disfellowshipping those who were sexually violated. I bet the JDubs thought they would be persecuted for their preaching work and announcing God's kingdom not for having more pedophiles than the Catholics as a ratio of members to sex perverts.

The thing that gets me is that we care more about the problem than the JDubs who are high on Watchtower cocaine. Most of them will ignore the news reports as from apostates and are lies just like the Gibbering Body said would happen. More proof that the Hateful Eight are inspired.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ten bucks says that as the pedo-lawsuit tide keeps rising, the vast majority of JWs out there will most definitely not love the kind of "persecution" that comes along with it.

And the Org knows it, too.

Why else do you think the leadership haven't even hinted to the rank-and-file about the cases?

If they thought they could spin the problem as legitimate "persecution", they'd be telling JWs about it all the time.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

100% right - thats why no bad press can come out that will cause a mass exodus.

Really it would take policy change, like saying taking blood is ok, or no more DFing, or 1914 was wrong, or the generations is symbolic.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I think that the million dollar settlements to keep the Jehovah Witness pedophiles under wraps will motivate JDubs to contribute less. Many JDubs will still not believe that the news reports are real and are just apostate propaganda.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sour Grapes - "Many JDubs will still not believe that the news reports are real and are just apostate propaganda."

Less and less these days, I suspect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit