Some people may find the following trailer offensive...

by ignored_one 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

but I found it funny.

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~scs273/01.mov

It's about 10mb so may take a while of dial-up.

-

Ignored One.

• Special K
    Special K

I didn't find it funny..... I guess our humour just differs on some things.

sincerely

Special K

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I think of myself as someone who can appreciate dark humor,

...but i didn't find any of it even remotely funny. alt

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I suppose it helps if you've seen the trailers for both The Passion and Kill Bill.

Are graphic depictions of flogging and impaling ok if the name of man is Jesus? Of course if Tarrantino did the same thing he would have been lamblasted by christian groups for glorifying violence.

-

Ignored One.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    I suppose it helps if you've seen the trailers for both The Passion and Kill Bill.

Maybe.

I have seen neither of the above trailers, so lacking that reference possibly explains why this particular preview does nothing for me

• Freddy Krueger
    Freddy Krueger

Hilarious! But you definitely have to see the "Kill Bill" trailer to get it. I don't think Mel would be happy that they spoofed it with the soundtrack.

I like you Ignored_one was smiling at this one.

You either get it or ya don't.

-Freddy

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Because I've seen both trailers and I've watched Mel spin the take on the Jews in the press...I found this hilarious.

The idea of Tarantino's movies having acclimated our society to violence to the point where they want to watch graphic depictions of "the" crucifixion is also very funny in a postmodern way.

Interesting how Mel shows the "Satan" character with the Jewish crowds, but not next to Pilate...

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Crap! I've been trying to get this to work all day.I'm so in the mood to be offended!Grrrrrrrr....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit