"There are horses in heaven (Rev 19.11)"

by Schizm 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Schizm
    Schizm

I happened upon the following item while surfing the net this evening. Note the part of the answer that I've placed in yellow font. Probably would have been the best joke I've heard in a long time, were it not for the fact that the person supplying the answer was dead serious.

QUESTION - Do our pets go to Heaven?
    Curtis writes - My friend just lost her dog in a tragic accident, without being able to say goodbye to her. She was her best friend and companion for the last 5 years. I would like to comfort my friend by assuring her that her dog is in a better place. What Scriptures can I use to substantiate that the dog is in heaven?

Dear Curtis,
    The Bible doesn't say that dogs go to Heaven. Neither does it say they don't. The Bible's focus is on Jesus and the salvation of humans.

We DO know that there are horses in heaven (Rev 19.11, 2 Kings 2.11).

The best thing for your friend to do is to ask God to take her dog to Heaven. God always listens to His children and their needs. If your friend prays for her dog, then the best way to comfort her would be to assure her of the power of prayer, and God's kindness in granting His children's requests.

Reckon this same person would say that there are also real dragons in heaven, simply because Revelation 12 makes reference to a 7-headed dragon?

O the joys of the Internet!

Source: http://www.biblebell.org/mbag/mailbagah.html#pets

• Narkissos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit