Not a Bomb shelter!

by why144000 1 Replies latest jw friends

• why144000
    why144000

I really enjoyed the article regarding Beth Sarim. The history of this house is facinating. Also discussed is the other property Beth Shan. It is true that an underground shelter was build near the mansion however it was a more a hiding place from the authorities rather than a bomb shelter. I have visited the shelter twice and while the concrete is thick it may not withstand direct bomb attack. It also has ventilation shafts that were covered up by tables on top. The house still exists and the current owner is very old and does not want visitors. The shelter is actually on another property now.

The events in San Diego have facinated me and I agree that the book 'Monuments to False Prophecy' is a great read however I thought I would clarify the issue.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Thanks for the extra information, Why144K...

I really enjoy reading about all the old stuff, its such a shame the current JW policy is to keep all that stuff covered up? Don't they realise that its our past which makes it what we are now?

Maybe one day I will visit San Diego and make a slow drive past those houses with all their ghosts of the past....

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit