HEY BEBU

by Lady_Kaye 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady_Kaye
    Lady_Kaye

Salutations , I was following your story about a jw lady that you was talking to. I was waiting on your posts and joined because I wanted to know what happened. Did she come back for coffee and converrsation .

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yes Bebu is cool aint she!

I'm sending this back to the top so she see's it.

WELCOME aboard lady, glad you dived in

Brummie

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Lady Kaye......welcome

I think Bebu mentioned that her neighbour was getting really..Stressed out...and that she decided to back off with the J.W. stuff for a while...and just be a supportive, coffee trusting friend for a bit.

So I guess that means her relationship with her neighbor has switched to "trust building support"..

but I'm sure Bebu will come in and tell us about it... Bebu does one "heck" of a job.

welcome again Lady Kaye..

sincerely

Special K

• shotgun
    shotgun

Yup..Bebu is da bomb.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Shotgun -

Yup..Bebu is da bomb.

Sorry pal, but she is NOT the bomb! She's the nuclear bomb!!!!!

*shakes head* You just gotta hold some people's hands for everything around here.....!

BTW - Welcome, Lady_Kay

and....

Bebu! Bring us up-to-date when you have more to share!!!

growedup

• bebu
    bebu

Thanks for asking, Lady Kaye. The rest of you make me blush badly... (And make my day!)

I really do appreciate your asking about my neighbor. She hasn't simply disappeared from my life. I'm glad to know that other people still care about her, even though there was a break. Her life has just gotten more complicated and that has interrupted our conversations.

My neighbor had started separation papers, and things suddenly started going haywire about the time of my last post. The paper she filed in order to get financial assistance led to the lawyers making agreements in the hall to just cancel the hearing (she hadn't shown in enough detail her bills). So, what should have taken 8 weeks has stretched out to more than 4 months, as lawyers take vacations and delay meetings, ask for new paperwork, issue her new bills... she has been treated like a second-class citizen by her husband, the elders, and now the lawyers.

Although she stops in 2 times a week or so, I feel uncomfortable bringing up Watchtower things with her now--directly, anyway. Sometimes when she updates me about what was recently said at the lawyers or by her husband, she starts to breathe deeper and harder without being aware of it. I don't want her to associate my home with feelings of hopelessness... So, I've had to back off and just offer all the support she might need until this whole particular situation is past her... (He has threatened to serve her with divorce papers, but I don't know whether that would fly with the elders, as she has been a 'better' dub than he has.)

The last piece of paperwork she had, detailing her financial condition for the judge, I asked her to share with the elders in order to convince them to put pressure on her husband who abandoned her. Next time I see her, I'll find out if that did anything to help--but I doubt it--it's like the good ol' boys network over there... Her husband simply does as he pleases, and they do nothing.

I think I may have mentioned it in another post somewhere, but we had a wonderful discussion 2 weeks ago or so about how authorities abuse power. We were talking about prison guards, policemen, government officers, and the whole gamut... there was an interesting study done a long while back where new prison guards were secretly monitored as to how they behaved toward prisoners (who were actually researchers). Even the most temperate man began to be abusive over time... I think discussions like these are very valuable, too, because they give weight to the argument that one should not just blindly trust leaders, just because they are leaders. (If only I'd written down this conversation right after it occurred. There were a lot of sharp points that came out, but this is, unfortunately, all I can recall. )

We will certainly pick up with the mediator issue, though, where we left off. It might even happen as early as next week--I hope!! I'll continue relaying our conversations under the "experiences" heading, once we get back on track.

bebu

• shotgun
    shotgun

((((((Bebu)))))))..once again your compassion amazes me.

I don't want her to associate my home with feelings of hopelessness...

You are truly a good friend to this neighbour....are there any houses for sale on your street....Shotgun who thinks he needs Bebu as a neighbour.

• Special K
    Special K

Well if your moving down beside bebu.. shotgun..

Then I'm going down and live there toooo...so there,

You're not gettin all the free coffee buddy.

Good Job and you have a big heart as always bebu..

sincerely

special K

• bebu
    bebu

(((Shotgun))) (((Special K)))

You are giving me this feeling that I'm going to be hit up for a loan!!! LOL

bebu

PS: How much did you want?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit