BOE letters re: 1975

by izobcenec 5 Replies latest jw friends

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

Were they any pre- or post-1975 BOE letters with specific instructions about 1975? Or how to deal with dissapointed ones etc

Thanx, izzy

• Mary
    Mary

Not sure about any official BOE letters, but I do recall the summer assembly in 1976 where Freddie Kruger Franz got up there and told us all that the reason Armageddon didn't come in '75 was "because YOU were expecting it!" I was a child at the time, but I still knew something was terribly wrong because I remember all the meetings in the years leading up to '75 where it was greatly anticipated.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Izzy,

I don't recall any BOE letters on this subject, and in all the reading I've done over the years since, haven't heard of any either.

I'm guessing you're familiar with what Ray Franz wrote in "Crisis of Conscience" about the false hopes set out for 1975, and the long, long, time the Society took to mention it publicly (first a brief remark in a District Convention talk, then the same wording in a Watchtower article). Franz's book lists a number of statements in the publications about 1975, but you probably know that.

I do recall from personal experience that the talks given by Circuit Overseers at the local congregations really pushed on 1975, but none of these were "published" of course.

Hope this helps.

---Dan

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

Thank you, danny and mary. I am aware of all the official pre- and post-1975 statements from the Society,
    I am just wondering, if there was any underground instrucitons on how to put blame on the brothers or
    something like that...can any ex-elder verify danny's statements?

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

I don't know about a,"BOE," letter,but I was there in 1973..read the Watchtower in 1968 and was frazzled when nothing took place after 1976.So when 1975 came and went some of the brothers told me to check it out.They already knew I was a researcher in the field of theology so I went for broke.

I questioned everyone who could have answers for me.The Elders(commettee) talked to me twice on the issue.My magic trick was...I was never baptized...but my ex-wife was.

Since they couldn't answer me I began questioning on 1874,then 1914,1919,1925,1940,and about the big issue in the 70s was.....Christ the Mediator for the 144,000 only.{Prince of Peace,"book}Plus I knew families and I personally knew about a half dozen very old ones who were of the Anointed.

Also at the time I tried to contact Ray Franz and to my surprise,he was disfellowshipped.The Anointed..being disfellowshipped?Oh my!

Now days I'm,also,on ICQ.com and got a Witness to denie all of this......She said I was lying....lol,except for Franz............

Frank

• Mary
    Mary

Actually, you may want to check this out in Crisis of Conscience..........if memory serves, Ray talks about what steps the GB took after the Big A never showed up in 75. There could be a copy of some letter sent out to the congregations instructing them on what to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit