liability dispensation...

by Flip 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Flip
    Flip

If Jehovah’s Organization on Earth, namely the WTBTS was liable for an accident, which caused persons injury, or death i.e. automobile, slippery sidewalk, etc. does Jehovah's Society use an “at arms length” insurance company to take the fall for Jehovah rather than publicly implicating His Corporation?

Or does Jehovah and His Son Jesus Christ cheerfully apologize and pay the "bill" when They screw up?

Flip

• TMS
    TMS

The Society will pay a 1% administration fee + actual material replacement cost. Remember, the body is 70% water. Municipal water supplies charge less than a penny per gallon.

Donated funds must be protected.

TMS

• Flip
    Flip

TMS, what incredible insurance coverage Jehovah has, is it any wonder He’s (JW version) called God.

Although my initial musing May have appeared “tongue in cheek”, there is a somewhat serious side to the question.

Skally had found this information earlier regarding the First Priority Group, Inc. Kent inquired about,
    · “…First Priority Group, Inc., announced that its principal operating subsidiary, National Fleet Service, Inc. has signed a three year exclusive contract to administer auto collision and subrogation services for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.”

I highlighted “subrogation” which means,

· “The substitution of one person for another, especially the legal doctrine of substituting one creditor for another.”

So far, I’m not sure what the actual legal implications in layman’s terms are regarding “subrogation” and what the real world effect on a corporation protecting its publicity.

Which brings us back to the initial post, is it possible the WTBTS uses a proxy to deal with ironic yet sensitive liability issues because of Whom the Corporation says they represent.

Flip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit