INSPIRED ERROR: new phrase among JW CO

by wannaexit 82 Replies latest jw friends

• jhine
    jhine

LUHE I'll pass on that one if you don't mind .

Zoos can we see a picture ?

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If the end could come at any moment, what's the use of the 'overlapping generations(tm)'?

Why are the holy paedophile protecting watchtower rock star popes building themselves a luxury cult compound? Surely they are exhibiting the kind of behaviour this CO is warning against?

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I recently sat through this nauseating talk. When I heard the title I thought wow okay they are finally going to come clean about the inspired error of the GB. How stupid I was in thinking this.

It's pretty sinister the way the CO linked demons to viewing negative information concerning the WTS.

Then he goes on and on about the GB existing in Biblical times. He did admit that the phrase did not appear in the Bible but he insisted that spiritual instructions did originate from a "body" of elders and apostles like the circumcision problem.

It took some restraint on my part to sit through that garbage. Him and his wife are definitely company material. He further said that the Bible should be used to confirm the teachings. I thought to myself "exactly!"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So what about all the times that THE ORG itself got things WRONG?

Was that "inspired error"?

Did God get things wrong, or was it just man getting stuff wrong? If it was man, then HOW can they claim divine guidance?!

To try the "bait and switch" of then accusing the world media of getting things wrong is plain hypocrisy!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I must admit the term 'inspired error' doesn't make sense. Who got the inspiration? where is the inspiration from? Why is it in error?
  • Splash
    Splash

I'm assuming it was taken from Revelation

(Revelation 16:13, 14) And I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons ...

• sir82
    sir82

Seems that someone put an extra fistful of crazy powder in the scrambled eggs served to the Service Dept., or would that be the Teaching Dept., who writes up the CO outlines?

In any event, the desperation is showing.

Curiously, the lack of imagination is showing too. They recognize they have a problem, so what do they do? Write a talk outline about it, the same approach that has been failing consistently for many decades now.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Splosh - Yes....that makes it even more laughable if so. I wonder what script the CO is mincing up?
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

So as we can see, just like in 1980 when the article was printed in the WatchTower magazine that basically blamed the Sheep for the failed 1975 hoopla, yet again in today's world the WT GB leaders turn it around and make it out to be someone else's fault that children are being abused, people are uneducated, and that the media dares to report the thousands of abuse cases they are being sued and tried for. They are masters at deflecting blame back upon their very victims. What a bunch of USERS. If I were sitting in that convention and I heard that talk, I'd be out the door - permanently!

The push to keep everyone dumb, uneducated, subservient, & obedient while simultaneously infusing the coffers of the WT Corp is also obvious to anyone with half a brain. And yet, the masses continue to lap this drivel up. Well, at least middle-aged to older ones do; young people are jumping ship like rats off the Titanic. The Internet is their friend, and no amount of fist banging on the podium from a smug, overweight, overbearing CO at some weekend Convention that youth would rather not be at, is going to change that.

Hear that WT Corp? That's the sound of the doors closing as the youth leave, and they are taking their wallets, ATM cards, and PayPal accounts with them.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Wondering if any other co tells the same stupidity.

Yes, got the same thing just the other night. Even heard the same "experience" as one of the GB used some time ago about kids going to university and then slowing down in the meetings, then field serve us, then they get too busy with part time job and class studies and become inactive. Of course he presented it in the first person as if he had eldurrs tell him first hand. Now that would make that experience a. . .lie??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit