INSPIRED ERROR: new phrase among JW CO

by wannaexit 82 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This is an old idea based on 2 Thes 2:11 I think. Novel emphasis on higher education and so on perhaps.

• Splash
    Splash

For those who already use the internet, this rant won't stop them.
    For the older ones who never use the internet, this won't make any difference.

For as long as they look to recruit highly educated/trained people for bethel and their projects, this restriction is easily shown to be hypocritical. This is like telling someone that they must never have a birthday party, but it's ok to go to one if bethel invite you.

To answer the last point, my parents said it wasn't going to be in their lifetime, and they were right. If we follow Jesus then we won't try to guess when it is because there's no way we can know.

I think they are picking up that more and more are waking up to fact that 1914 was a looooong time ago and JW's have been waiting their whole lives, hearing the same old thing.
    Only the willfully blind are now choosing to ignore this, and even then the undercurrents of quiet gossip and complaint are pulling them towards reality.

• jhine
    jhine

Slimboyfat , I can see how they apply that scripture to media reports , but they are stretching it ( a lot ) to apply it to higher education . I'm sure that you are right about them using this verse to hang these "insights " on , it just seems a big leap to apply it to 2&3 .

Jan

• fukitol
    fukitol
    I want to punch that CO in the head. And every GB member.
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

If it's a co talk it must be in the outline.

Wondering if any other co tells the same stupidity.

• Zoos
    Zoos
    Doesn't it make you want to rip apart your garment and sleeveless coat and pull out some of the hair from your head and your beard and kept sitting stunned until the evening?
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Hasn't the WT viewed 1874. 1878, 1925, 1975 as inspired error as well?
  • fukitol
    fukitol

It's amazing what can be rationalized away when you spin religious poppycock, bullshit and outright lies as some kind of 'error' sanctioned by God.

For example, outspoken Watchtower critic and otherwise intelligent person Robert King, aka e-watchman, has given himself over to the whole idea that the JW religion is the true religion but that their false 1914 teaching is the literal fulfillment of the 'operation of error' spoken of in 2 Thess 2:11.

I suppose somebody has to run the fool's errand.

• prologos
    prologos
    Daniel1555an hour ago

If it's a co talk it must be in the outline.

Wondering if any other co tells the same stupidity. and these men are appointing the local leader/elders now.

Zoosan hour ago
    Doesn't it make you want to rip apart your garment and sleeveless coat and pull out some of the hair from your head and your beard and kept sitting stunned until the evening? thanks, ha ha have not laughed as hard in years.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

3. IF YOU SAY: the end is coming but not in my lifetime---inspired error. Can't say that because the end can come at any moment.

But if the end could come 'at any moment', it could indeed come in 50 years, in 100 years or in 5,000 years.

Are these people daft as well as stupid? F**k me ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit