JW calls Georgetown on UN

by Beans 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beans
    Beans

A few months back I had a thread regarding a JW at my work and dating,

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/64911/1.ashx

Now when I was talking to him I asked him what his reaction was to the Watchtower being a member of the United Nations? His first reaction was "No way, thats not true, thats impossible" So I then proceeded to tell him how to find it on the internet and he said he would absolutley look into it!

http://www.randytv.com/secret/index.htm

http://www.quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/united_nations.htm

So I ran into him yesterday at the office and he says, hey Beans, I called Georgetown and asked about the UN and if the Watchtower was a member of the NGO? He said to get an answer he had to go through three people and when he got to the third and asked the Question this was the response...............

"That is absolutley not true"

So he persisted with the person and slowly he leaked info on it and replied that yes they did use the library for info purposes. So this guy has now spread the info to all his friends and he says he loves to stir the pot. I told him that if he does this he will be labeled, he said he didn't care.

As well I sent him to the Quotes web site and he said he was sitting all night looking at it with his wordly girlfriend, ahhh yes he's on his way out! And some will follow I am sure.

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Beans
    Beans

Quotes made a great point and I quote Quotes, "So there answer was a lie"

classic eh!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Great work, Beans! Keep us posted on how it goes!

growedup

• SYN
    SYN

Excellent, Beans, good work!

• Golf
    Golf

Interesting how the org. warns it's (followers) to 'quit mixing in company with brothers who are fornicators, greedy persons, idolater, reviler, drunkard, extortioners, in fact, not eating with such a person. 1Cor. 5:9-11

2 Cor. 6:17 has even more powerful words, "Therfore get out from among them...and quit TOUCHING the UNCLEAN thing..."

The issue isn't about the library card. it's there 'touching' and 'mixing' in company with unclean things!

Romans 2:21, "Do you, however, the one teaching someone else not teach yourself?"

Guest 77

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    2 Cor. 6:17 has even more powerful words, "Therfore get out from among them...and quit TOUCHING the UNCLEAN thing..."

The issue isn't about the library card. it's there 'touching' and 'mixing' in company with unclean things!

Of course, the real issue is the organization's hypocrisy on the matter, because, after all, it is only they who have labeled the UN as an "unclean thing" in the first place.

Sort of reminds me of their warnings about not practicing 'sexual perversions' within marriage, when the acts to which they refer are not considered perverted at all by most people, and there is nothing in the Bible to indicate that they are. It's only in the twisted minds of the Governing Perverts in Brooklyn that these acts are considered perverted.

Sorry to drift from the topic there, but my point was simply that they are violating their own subjective standards, and that's the issue. Most of us see nothing wrong with associating with the UN at all; it's only their condemnation of the UN that makes their affiliation with it reprehensible.

• mouthy
    mouthy

It does me good to hear someone is STILL "in their face" with their lies...I have to say beans, that Quote site is doing so much to rescue those who are trapped.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Yay, Beans!

"...and another one bites the dust!"

• Beans
    Beans

It is stories like this that make our work so rewarding, helping the flock see that the sheppard is really lost.

• Golf
    Golf

Noen, the org, tried to make the excuse that it was only a 'library' card. In other words, (to them) it was no big deal so why make an issue. Those scriptural quotes I made was to call them on the carpet. My last scriptural quote hits the nail on the head. As you said, "...my point was simply that they are violating their own subjective standards..." Are you with me?

Why can't they see their hypocrisy!

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit