Suicide bombing 'pig fat threat'

by DevonMcBride 3 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I didn't see this posted anywhere else. Devon http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3484277.stm

Suicide bombing 'pig fat threat'
    A leading Israeli rabbi has proposed hanging bags of pig fat in buses to deter Muslim suicide bombers who may want to avoid contact with an "unclean" animal.

The idea was suggested to police by Rabbi Eliezer Fisher.

The newspaper Maariv said rabbinical authorities had sanctioned the plan to use the product - considered impure by Jews and Muslims - if it might save lives.

Police had no immediate comment on the proposal, according to Reuters news agency.

Israeli Deputy Defence Minister Yaacov Edri said he supported the proposal.

"If bags of pig lard will prevent zealous Muslim terrorists from carrying out attacks, I'm all for it," Maariv quoted him as saying.

• Scully
    Scully

ummm, are they going to put bags of "unclean" pig fat in front of places like synagogues too?

If not... they might as well paint a great big bullseye on every Jewish establishment in the Middle East...

Love, Scully

• Richie
    Richie

The only good thing about these suicide bombers is that in every case the suice bomber him or herself is dead. Come to think of it, have you ever heard of any Jewish suicide bomber? Untold times you hear of people unfairly bashing the Jewish people and have "sympathy" for the palestinians. Palestinians don't want peace (in their political manifesto they must obliterate Israel) and yet Israel has been trying to make peace with them but to no avail. No wonder they are building a wall around their country for their own protection from these hotheads. I still remember these Palestinians jeering and dancing in the streets on Sept 11, 2001 - you cannot trust them.

Richie :*)

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Mighty big brush you're using there Richie.

-

Ignored One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit