Nine Year Old Appreciates 1924 JW Book

by Latte 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Latte
    Latte

From our readers Awake August 22, 2003

Faith Under Trail

I enjoyed the article ?Faith Under Trail in Slovakia.? (December 22,2002) As soon as I finished reading it, I began writing this letter. Just as Ja?n Bali overcame his trials, we will have to remain faithful. The most beautiful part of the article was his recollection of the vivid mental picture of paradise described in the 1924 book The Way to Paradise. I enjoyed this part because it talks about the new world. I am nine years old.

Anyone suspect that this Awake Asleep article was written by an adult????

I cannot imagine any child latching on to an article from an old 1924 book.

What nine year old appreciates an article about enduring and overcoming trials??? What parent would want their kids dwelling on such negative stuff??

Also, I have never heard of this book ?The Way to Paradise? Anyone know of it??

No wonder it's so hard to leave the cult....the brain washing starts early..

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

lol that is kinda strange...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The book, "The Way To Paradise" was written by W.E. van Amburg and published by the WTS in 1924.

It is an extremely rare book now, and occasionally can be found on Ebay in the $300 price range.

It is also available on the "Rutherford's Rainbow" CDROM which can be purchased for $30 from FREEMINDS.

It is certainly NOT available on the official WTS Library CD, nor are hard-copy reprints being circulated in Kingdom Halls today.

I agree with you that it is unlikely that a nine year old would have access to the book or have the kind of vocabulary that is presented in the letter.

Probably "some brother" on the press room made a mistake and mis-printed, "I am NINETY years old."

• Sargon
    Sargon

Faith Under Trail

I enjoyed the article ?Faith Under Trail in SlovaI

Is this the European version of the Ho Chi Mihn trail?

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Wow! That kid writes better than most adults. He must have been a child prodigy.

• Lonestar13
    Lonestar13

LoverofTruth - right on the money with that one!!!!

" The most beautiful part of the article was his recollection of the vivid mental picture of paradise described..."

recollection? Vivid mental picture? what?!?!?!

• dustyb
    dustyb

I enjoyed the article ?Faith Under Trail in Slovakia.? (December 22,2002) As soon as I finished reading it, I began writing this letter. Just as Ja?n Bali overcame his trials, we will have to remain faithful. The most beautiful part of the article was his recollection of the vivid mental picture of paradise described in the 1924 book The Way to Paradise. I enjoyed this part because it talks about the new world. I am nine years old.

when i was nine years old i was pretty smart, but there is too many big words in here for even me at the age of nine, let alone 19 to write!!! =D

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    Just as Ja?n Bali overcame his trials, we will have to remain faithful. The most beautiful part of the article was his recollection of the vivid mental picture of paradise described in the 1924 book The Way to Paradise. I enjoyed this part because it talks about the new world. I am nine years old.

I don't think the kid was latching on to the article. He was simply recounting how the man in the experience he read had latched onto the article. I think he enjoyed the part of the article that talked about the man recalling the old book, not that he himself enjoyed the old book.

The "recollection of the vivid mental picture of Paradise" line looks to me to be a lift from the article, not the kids own words. Needless to say it could have been written by an adult as well.

Just my take anyway.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Finally a person who was smart enough to see what the boy really meant, and did not read into it a 9 year old hjaving a 1924 book at hand!

Congratulations!

• Latte
    Latte

Nathan Natas

The book, "The Way To Paradise" was written by W.E. van Amburg and published by the WTS in 1924.
    It is an extremely rare book now, and occasionally can be found on Ebay in the $300 price range.
    It is also available on the "Rutherford's Rainbow" CDROM which can be purchased for $30 from FREE

Thanks for that Nathan! I would really like to have a read of this little book. No doubt it?s similar to the ?Millions Now Living Will Never Die? book - full of false promises!

Probably "some brother" on the press room made a mistake and mis-printed, "I am NINETY years old."

LOL You got it!!

Loveroftruth

Wow! That kid writes better than most adults. He must have been a child prodigy

My thoughts exactly!

Lonestar13

recollection? Vivid mental picture? what?!?!?!

Yes, rather BIG words for a nine year old. Why couldn?t they of left his letter in the child own words?? (that?s if it was a Childs letter)

dusty

when i was nine years old I was pretty smart, but there is too many big words in here for even me at the age of nine, let alone 19 to write!!! =D

My kids certainly wouldn?t use ?recollection?

Mysterious

I don't think the kid was latching on to the article. He was simply recounting how the man in the experience he read had latched onto the article. I think he enjoyed the part of the article that talked about the man recalling the old book, not that he himself enjoyed the old book.

Perhaps the wording of my comments didn?t help! LOL

oldHippie

Finally a person who was smart enough to see what the boy really meant, and did not read into it a 9 year old having a 1924 book at hand!
    Congratulations!

Just wondering, do you think it was a ?boys? letter?

Personally I don?t think any ?boy? wrote this letter to the society. I would go as far as saying that it was made up?.at least I hope so.

My kids that are around this age are certainly not dwelling on the topic of having to endure trials, along with any grandiose ideas of Paradise coming.

I think that this article is purposely worded in such a way as to again de-sensitise it?s readers - whatever their age, to the many early false W/T articles that were published. I have noticed this done quite often by the borg.

Thanks everyone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit