epidural for labor allowed for JW's ?

by Lolieworm 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Lolieworm
    Lolieworm

My hubby had a question for me that I couldn't even come close to an answer for. PS. I used to be a witness. Anyways here goes.

As a result of Eve sinning one of the reprocussions (sp?) was that she would have labor pains. If this is so, wouldn't witnesses not be allowed to have an epidural when going into labor since the bible is taken so literally?

It sounds like a stupid question I know, but I can't figure out an anwser.

• outcast
    outcast

If you wanted a witness answer, I would say no.

Jesus didn't take a drink drugged wine on the cro..uh steak, I mean stake did he?

So if we are to follow jesus example while he was on earth, we can not ease our pain.

• Francois
    Francois

As far as I know, epidurals are indeed allowed "THANK ya Jay-sus." If this were not the case, then the elders - all guys as we know - would be expected to undergo even thoracic surgery without anesthesia.

And could you imagine undergoing a colonoscopy without anesthesia?

ft

• TMS
    TMS

reasoning from Outcast:

"If you wanted a witness answer, I would say no.

Jesus didn't take a drink drugged wine on the cro..uh steak, I mean stake did he?

So if we are to follow jesus example while he was on earth, we can not ease our pain."

Following that line of thought, Outcast, weedkiller would also be a no-no because of the curse on the ground including the warning words: "thorns and thistles it will grow for you."

TMS

• waiting
    waiting

In the words of SixOfNine:

{paraphrased} "Don't take the Bible literally, and let go of those wacky ideas."

Wacky, indeed. If we follow the Law and/or the rest of the Bible by word - all kinds of strange, wacky, ideas must be considered.

Do we mow our grass & grow flowers - what about the curse on the land?

Do we separate our trash for conservation? Wouldn't that be helping man to preserve the Earth - isn't that Jehovah's job?

Do we have retirement funds (a big problem with jw's as the cigarette companies are in a lot of IRA style funds) or do we *really* trust in Jehovah and that *the end is imminent.*

The list is endless.

Wacky, indeed.

waiting

• outcast
    outcast

OMG! TMS!
    My eyes have been opened...Thank You! and I can walk!

outcast
    ( of the walking to the hardware store for weed killer class )

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

if The Empire has a ban on painkillers, now I know I'm not going back!

• Liberated
    Liberated

Good grief!! Don't give the borg any ideas!!

As I see it, since Adam underwent surgery to produce Eve, caesarian section is "natural childbirth."

• anglise
    anglise

Hi liberated

further to your point,
    Jehovah put Adam to sleep prior to his op.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit