Should it be this long?

by catchthis 7 Replies latest jw friends

• catchthis
    catchthis

I haven't been to a meeting since last Thanksgiving weekend. Not one elder has inquired about me coming to the meetings. No calls, no inquiries. I was previously on the chopping block, so to speak, and am wondering from any current or ex-elders if this is normal. Some here on the board know me. You know my situation. Honestly, I should have been disfellowshipped by now if anything was able to stick.

It kind of blows my mind that I haven't been contacted yet by the elders. I know that some elders are preoccupied with personal matters and such, but what gives? Is this normal? Apostacy could have been applied to my case. But it was never pursued. PM me if you think you know what I am talking about.

Catchthis

• Carmel
    Carmel

Count your blessings!

carmel

• garybuss
    garybuss

It took tall boy and mutt ten years to check up on me. I gave them 10 questions and after 8 more years and no answers, I called them.

• Maverick
    Maverick

It is totally normal. After four years of floundering and waiting for these dopes to do their jobs I realized that God has nothing to do with this bunch! They are not coming. As for apostacy, if they are pushed they will lie and tell the RF you DA'd yourself. Forget all the BS the WTS has told you about God's loving shephards. They worship the WTS and have the same shallow, petty, self-centered mind set their god the WTS has! These men are in no way qualified, (from their WTS training) to counsel anyone about anything. And you are better off not asking! Maverick

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Just goes to show how much they "really care" about their members. As soon as you stop attending, you're forgotten.

Devon

• Sassy
    Sassy

Yes its normal... I haven't been to a meeting since the memorial last year... and before that only the memorial and ONE meeting between a Yr ago Thanksgiving and now... not a phone call.. not anything..

as long as you don't bother to go into their Kingdom Hall, they cease to give a 'sh#*t' about us..

thus why I knew this wasn't the 'truth'.. the identifying mark.. don't ya feel it??

• Mulan
    Mulan

For some it is "out of sight, out of mind".

Be glad, be VERY glad.

• new light
    new light

Although a newbie, I must agree with Carmel. Count your blessings. I have not attended in six weeks and have been repeatedly called. Thank God for caller ID I say. I am also fortunate to live in a semi-secure building as just five minutes ago one of the local elders was at the buzzer. I, of course, did not answer. Maybe you look forward to a meeting/showdown, but I am just trying to lay low so as not to go to the JC stage. Every message or call from the elders causes a few minutes of acute stress that I just do not enjoy. Oh, how I wish they would just leave me alone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit