Who's the Savior?

by JH 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

I was reading the list of things witnesses can't do, on another thread, and I noticed that it was written that JW's don't have Jesus as savior.

As a witness, I always said that Jesus was my savior, thanks to Jehovah.

Maybe it's been too long ago and I forgot, but who is the Savior for Jehovah Witnesses? Jesus or Jehovah or both?

• shera
    shera

I hate to break it to yahs now,I wanted to wait until the time was ready,but it is me.

(Really,when I think of it,its all in the hands of God.)

• Sargon
    Sargon

I thought it was Bwian or Woderwick.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Simple answer- both.

Longer answer- What must we do to attain salvation? What is important? Faith in God, and service to him, faith in his Son's ransom sacrifice's power to redeem us, practicing the fruitages of the Holy Spirit, prayer, doing our utmost to avoid sin, and helping others do the same are what matter. It's all there in the NT. Want some citations? You can look these up online at http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible/ there's 17 Bible versions available there.

Putting faith in God (YHWH), his Son, Jesus Christ, his Son's ransom sacrifice's power to redeem us, and his inspired word the Holy Bible - Hebrews 10:12, 26; 11:6; 11:1-40; John 3:16-21; Romans chapters 4, 5 & 6; Romans 10: 9-17; Acts 4:12; 10:43; Matthew 26:28; Mark 3:28-30; James 4:17; 5:15; 1 John 4:9-14;Luke 13:23,24; 1 Timothy 4:10.

Real faith compels us to works, service to God - James 2:26; Acts 26:20; Hebrews 10: 23-25.

Practicing the fruitages of the Holy Spirit, doing our utmost to avoid sin -Galatians 5:19-25;1 Corinthians 6: 9,10; Matthew 12:31.

Prayer - Matthew 5:44, 6:9, 26:41; 1 Thessalonians 5:17; James 5:16; Romans 12:21; Phillipians 4:6; Colossians 4:2; 1 Peter 4:7.

There are many more scriptures that provide insight on these things necessary for salvation. Everthing else outside the scope of these things is principle, prophesy, and dissertation. It's all a matter of setting priorities and importance. Does that answer your question?

• JH
    JH

I'm sorry Shera, it can't be a woman.

Thanks Love_Truth.

• shera
    shera

HEY NOW!!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Everyone calm down now... you should all know by now that *I* am the savior!

You may all bow and pay homage.

----- Please keep the line moving -----

• MikeNightHaShev
    MikeNightHaShev

Elsewhere that was hysterical, I like your sense of humor.

- - - to answer the question:

I thought JW's realized who the Biblical Savior was?-Michael

Dan 12:1-4 in conjunction with Jeremiah 23:5-6 but also with Jeremiah 33:15-16.

Ezekiel's Shiloh who overturns the wicked one...etc

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

JH, Witnesses are taught that Jesus is only technically the Savior of the Anointed; the other sheep, since they supposedly aren't born again and baptized with Holy Spirit, they aren't truly saved, since Jesus said at John 3:3,7 "Most truly I say to you, Unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God....You people MUST be born again."

It is only by the good that the other sheep do to Christ's brothers (the anointed on earth, and particularly, the Governing Body), that they have a chance of gaining God's approval and ultimately everlasting life on earth. But they will never have the true Christian reward of being with Jesus in his heavenly kingdom.

It's all completely unscriptural, of course, as there are not 2 classes of Christians. (The "other sheep" are simply the Gentiles who would also be invited into the Christian fold in due time.) But that's what the Dubs teach.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma
    I thought it was Bwian or Woderwick.

LOL!

How shall we F**k off, oh lord?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit