Would you see this MOVIE?

by gilwarrior 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

I few days ago I was going over some of my old Premiere magazines. I noticed this one article where they had a list of the ten best unproduced screenplays in Hollywood with a brief synopsis of each screenplay. There was the one screenplay that got my attention. Here is the plot:

Two Catholic priests discover an ancient document that proves that God is in fact dead! That's right. They discover proof that God does not exist! Angry that they have been lied to and that their lives have been one big lie, they decided to let the world know that religion and God is a lie. However, they decide to have some fun first. Knowing that God does not exist, they conclude that there is no morality and that their actions will have no consequences. The rest of the movie follows the two immoral priests as commit mass murder, take every illegal drug they can get their hands on, and commit every perverted, vile, disgusting sex act imaginable. Meanwhile, a group of Catholic bishops become aware of the two priest's discovery and they realize that they must be stopped or the future of the Catholic church will be in jeopardy. Their solution: They hire an ex-hit man turned born-again Christian to find the two priests, kill them, and destroy the incriminating document before the rest of the world finds out.

Ouch! It is easy to see why this hasn't been made into movie. I personally would find a movie like this interesting.

Would anyone else see a movie like this?

• Badger
    Badger

Gee...sounds roughly like dogma

• talesin
    talesin

that's what I was thinking, Badger, except with added raping and pillaging

great movie, btw, imo

what do you think, gilwarrior? Have you seen DOGMA?

tal

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I would definately see it! Sounds really interesting. I wish they would produce that flick. I can already see Edward Norton as one of the lead characters.

Who do you think would play the other priest... or aside from Norton if you dont like that idea.

Kansas District Overbeer

• talesin
    talesin

I can't remember his name, but the guy from American History X would be good for the role.

and there's an actor named Giovanni Calabrese (?), might do it justice

t

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

What has he been on? Are you thinking of the kid that played in the wonder years for a while? He was also in gone in 60 seconds among others?

Giovanni Ribsi

Kansas District Overbeer

• talesin
    talesin

Giovanni Ribsi

Yes, thanks a lot - why can't I remember his name - what a great young actor.

He's been in a lot of stuff, both TV and flicks.

tal

edited to add: http://www.meninmovies.com/giovanni_ribisi.html check this link for his filmography - impressive.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Knowing that God does not exist, they conclude that there is no morality and that their actions will have no consequences.

Hmmmm! Seems to be the mindset of a lot of priests.

• shera
    shera

Sounds like a good movie,as long as it doesn't show children getting hurt.When I see children hurt like this,I get so angry and I would hate the movie!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I would watch a movie like that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit